Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** How to Generate Excel File as Output From Payload

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am doing Proxy to File scenario. But, the requirement is instead of text file, we need to produce Microsoft Excel File from XML payload.

How do we achieve this ? Any idea friends...

Thanking you.

Kind regards

Jegathees P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please have a look at this thread:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/10/xi-generating-excel-files-without-the-java-nor-the-conversion-agent-not-possible

Regards

Patrick

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jegatheeswaran,

Please help on below thread:

https://scn.sap.com/message/16075007#16075007

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jegathees,

you can achieve this with a XSL like described in Michals blog [XI: Generating Excel files without the Java nor the Conversion agent not possible?|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2803] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Udo

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you make things really simple, you can create a comma separated file and name it with csv extension. On windows environments, it would open with Excel by default (Excel must present on the system where thiese files are opened) and data will appear in different cells with the sheet name as the file name. Note that this is not and Excel file bu just gets opened in compatible mode with Excel.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. I need to convert the XML to Excel. I created my mapping using the SAP XI GUI mapping and used the File adapter's FCC comma delimited in the Receiver comm channel.

Is there a way to plug in custom code in XI to convert the comma delimited file to Excel before the File adapter FTPs the file to the target?

Former Member
0 Kudos

There must be some free software that converts csv or other flat file to xls.

then just complete proxy to (csv) file scenario and add the program as after message processing OS command in your receiver file adapter which would subsequentially convert the csv file to xls.

Jayson

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jegatheeswaran ,

You can use APIs available to convert xml files to excel file.

You can write module to achive the same.

Thanks

Sunil Singh