cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifications on ABAP proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've been reading up on Abap proxy and I wanna confirm my understanding.

1) Abap Proxy is for abap applications to communication with XI

2) The abap proxy is to be generated at the R/3 backend.

3) When you enter transaction SPROXY in R/3, you should be able to see all the software components created in the SLD. But I am unable to see that in my system. Is there a RFC which I have to create in R/3 in order for me to see the software components?

I read the blog

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

and it mentioned about XI-Client to generated the proxy. I'm a bit confused as to whether the proxy is generated on the R/3 or XI or either is ok depending on the scenario.

Thanks for all the help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

Dzmitry is linking to a good blog which can help you out. If you need information on how to use ABAP proxies, you can have a look at the following blogs, which helped me out a lot:

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy (the one you linked to)

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy (from 3rd party to R3)

Hope it helps you on the way of ABAP proxies

Best regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. They are certainly helpful!

Another question, in the IR, when creating the Message Interface, XI automatically generate the WSDL for the interface.

Do the WSDL comes into play when creating the ABAP or Java proxy?

If not, is there any use for the generated WSDL during the creation of Message Interface?

Thanks.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you need to create an RFC destination of type H to communicate with R3 system. Ask your Basis person lo connect the XI system and R3 for proxy communication. Then you will be able to see the swc of XI in R3 to generate proxy for the interfaces within.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

You can use the generated WSDL of the interface for end-point configuration which makes it a web-service. This web-service can be consumed directly in your applications to communicate with SAP. I hope i was clear.

Regards,

Sidhartha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1) Abap Proxy is for abap applications to communication with XI Yes, it's true.

2) The abap proxy is to be generated at the R/3 backend.

Yes, you usually generate proxy at application (not integration) server

3) When you enter transaction SPROXY in R/3, you should be able to see all the software components created in the SLD. But I am unable to see that in my system. Is there a RFC which I have to create in R/3 in order for me to see the software components?

When you enter transaction SPROXY in R/3, you should be able to see all the imported to Integration Repository software components which you created in the SLD. If you don't see your imported to IR software components then check link: How do you activate ABAP Proxies?

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

BR,

Dzmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Abap Proxy is for abap applications to communication with XI - Yes

2) The abap proxy is to be generated at the R/3 backend - yes

3) When you enter transaction SPROXY in R/3, you should be able to see all the software components created in the SLD - yes

But I am unable to see that in my system. Is there a RFC which I have to create in R/3 in order for me to see the software components - yes you will have to ask your basis guys to configure XI - R/3 proxy communication, then you can see your sw components in your R/3 system in SPROXY transaction.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta