Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History of messages

tobiasberneck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured message archiving on our XI system and everything is running fine (we can access the archived messages and archived messages are deleted from the corresponding tables).

Now I have two questions:

- The setting "Retention period for history entries in the database -> History Entries for Deleted XML Messages" is set to 40 in our system and I thought, that this setting causes the messages to be available for further 40 days in the message history and are therefore 40 days longer available in sxi_monitor. But as far as I recognized, the messages are not longer available in sxi_monitor, because sxi_monitor is selecting the messages from table SXMSPMAST. What is the use of this setting and where can the history entries be used? Do I have to select directly in table SXMSPMAST?

- Is there a functionality like sxi_monitor for archived messages? The existing possibilities "Search using archive" and Search using ID" are not very comfortable to use. E.g. when I try to find a message by the used interface at one day, I have to go through all messages in the archive files, if I have no specific timestamp.

Thanks,

Tobi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobiasberneck
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

now I found out, that I can use the message monitoring in the RWB with the option from archive to get an list of archived messages for a specific timeframe. Additionally I have to connect a TREX and use its functionality.

Still open is my question, what the deletion of history entries and the entries in the table SXMSPHIST is used for?

Thanks,

Tobi.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The history entry is kept in the database for at least seven days after an XML message has been deleted. This is necessary since history entries are also required for the quality of service Exactly Once.

From help.sap

Regards,

Prateek

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

History data consist of information regarding deleted messages check this sap help says "History data consists of a small amount of header information from deleted messages. This history data is stored in a separate table with a minimum retention period of seven days."

Check out these links for more info

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cd/20bc3ff6beeb0ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/41/b715015ffc11d5b3ea0050da403d6a/frameset.htm

Thanks!

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tobias,

please do not mix up retention period of messages and retention of history data. History data is used to fulfill sequential guarantees given to a sender by XI once an EO/EOIO message is accepted. In order to ensure the "EO" part of the protocol XI must be able to detect duplicate messages. This is done by data records in history table holding kind of fingerprints of messages that were received in the past.

The minimum retention period for history records is 7 days. However, it might be necessary to increase this value depending on the scenario and the business requirements.

As this data records in history tables are used internally only there is no UI in XI to display them.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Answers (0)