cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access webdynpro application without SAP user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Imagine you have a webdynpro application that will be accessed for 50+ users without any other relation with SAP. In fact this users will only access this application and they should never be able to even enter SAP or execute any transaction.

I guess that it's possible to create in SAP users for each one of these users and then configure them only with the rights to enter the webdynpro application. But for me this is a problem since these users won't be maintained from SAP.

I'm thinking on creating a 'default' user to enter the application and then create a login screen where the users really log into the system (have the user stored in an system table). But I would like to know what do you think about this, is this a good idea? Is it possible to do?

Any comment on this will be really appreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

you can go to transaction sicf -> bc -> webdynpro -> sap -> <your applications name>

and double click on it, now you can edit the logon procedure to internet user for an anonimous logon.

grtz,

Koen

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hallo,

>

> you can go to transaction sicf -> bc -> webdynpro -> sap -> <your applications name>

> and double click on it, now you can edit the logon procedure to internet user for an anonimous logon.

>

> grtz,

> Koen

This is techincally correct. Here is the help document on this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/78/9852b1c06b11d4ad310000e83539c3/frameset.htm

However the big thing to check is to make sure you are licensed for such access. The system doesn't check the details of your contract and will let you set an anonymous user even if that isn't covered by your license agreement with SAP. However the anonymous user will be found during your license audit. So check with your contract and your SAP account executive to make sure that you have the necessary license coverage to use anonymous users as you describe.

Answers (0)