cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download MaxDb Version 7.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where can I download the version 7.7 of MaxDB for Windows?

regards

Weiss

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry,

MaxDB 7.7 is not yet available for the OSS users.

SAP customers can download MaxDB 7.7 as usual via the service marketplace.

Be aware that until now not all SAP componentes are released for MaxDB 7.7 so be careful where you install it.

Just for curiosity: what is it you want use MaxDB 7.7 for that cannot be done with 7.6?

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars,

I have installed CE 7.1 SR5 that has not the SLD.

I want to install the CE 7.1 EHP1 over CE 7.1 SR5 to enable the SLD

and maintain the components already installed in the SR5.

Another alternative would be to install the SLD CE 7.1 SR5, but not found.

regards,

Jerry Weiss

simon_matter
Participant
0 Kudos

I have the same question about 7.7 because of this bug in 7.6

Are there any plans to release 7.7 for the OSS users in the near future?

Thanks,

Simon

Edited by: Simon Matter on Jan 20, 2009 8:58 AM

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jerry

> I have installed CE 7.1 SR5 that has not the SLD.

> I want to install the CE 7.1 EHP1 over CE 7.1 SR5 to enable the SLD

> and maintain the components already installed in the SR5.

> Another alternative would be to install the SLD CE 7.1 SR5, but not found.

Sorry, I don't see what this has to do with MaxDB. If you want to use it for CE 7.1 - then you can anyhow just use MaxDB 7.6 (as 7.7 is not yet released for it either - I now took a look into the PAM [https://service.sap.com/pam]).

Therefore - just go with the stable 7.6 build. It'll do just fine for your purposes.

regards,

Lars

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I have the same question about 7.7 because of this bug in 7.6

> Are there any plans to release 7.7 for the OSS users in the near future?

Up to my knowledge, MaxDB will be kept available in the future. So, yes I'm pretty sure that MaxDB 7.7 will be released to OSS sooner or later. (In fact, there is a 7.7 already released with the DB Studio - but I wouldn't use it for production...).

Concerning the bug you mentioned: honestly, how often do you need this specific functionality?

If you have a automated process to add columns to a lot of tables, then you surely will be able to perform the manual updates, won't you?

Really, to me this is not a critical issue, but rather a 'just-not-nice-its-there' bug.

regards,

Lars

simon_matter
Participant
0 Kudos

You are right, it's not that critical.

Simply, I was asked to upgrade our server to 7.7 and I said it's not yet available but I might ask for it.

BTW, we are very happy users of MaxDB and it has been stable for many years.

Simon

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<...>- but I wouldn't use it for production...).

Interesting statement ...giving the fact, that certain products are only released for 7.7 (CRM 6.0, SCM 5.1 and especially MDM 5.5). Not saying that they don´t work with 7.6 - but the official release matrix is showing only 7.7.

Markus

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<...>- but I wouldn't use it for production...).

Interesting statement ...giving the fact, that certain products are only released for 7.7 (CRM 6.0, SCM 5.1 and especially MDM 5.5). Not saying that they don´t work with 7.6 - but the official release matrix is showing only 7.7.

It's merely the same statement that was given on the last MaxDB Info Day where the recommendation was given to stick to 7.6 for some further months after 7.7 will be generally released.

Especially for customers that use features like prefetching a change to 7.7 would remove the such functionality from the database, potentially leading to severe issues ( I know you know them ...).

That's why I wouldn't use 7.7 for production right now.

Besides that, it's my personal opinion and we will of course support everybody using 7.7.

regards,

Lars