cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of measure for Stock and Non-stock Item in CJ20N

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I attach Material to an activity (item Category N Non-stock item) in Project Builder (CJ20N), It is peaking its Base unit of Measure as unit. Now when I try to change it, it is showing an error

Item category N: Only base unit of measure M allowed

Message no. CO344

But for the same material if I change the item Category to L Stock item, then it allows me to change the unit.

Please guide me regarding this Behavior. Is there any customization, by doing which it will allow me do the same for Non-stock Item or It is not Possible.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for Non-stock item the Unit of Measure cannot be changed. Its SAP Standard

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have been able to attach a material to my activity using project builder and the unit of measure for a non stock item is changeable !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiiiiiiii virendra ,

It's really helpful.Can u plz tell me wheather some customization is req. for it.This is not happening in my case.

Regards

Brijesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Brijesh....can u plz check your material master...what they maintained in Basic data tab.

Regards

Chandra

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

firstly I am assuming that the activity is internal processing type - doesn't matter really

now to attach a material select actvity and from the template area click and drag material which will open the material detail screen in the work area

because it is a non stock item I am assuming text description - in the requirements qty you enter the qty and next to it the units - changeable

if you choose a material number maintained as material master then obviously the unit will be from the material master.

If you are using an externally processing activity then in config check OPUU for the network type and see if order unit has been populated - that might be the problem