cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditions in Contract Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

does anyone of you know, what needs to be done to get Conditions properly working in Contract Management? When I try to distribute a GOA from SRM 4.0 into ECC 5.0 with Conditions, the Idoc is not created in ECC. In Distribution Monitor I get the Error "Errors occurred in mapping operation for conditions data".

Many thanks,

Claudia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia,

SRM condition types are different than condition types defined in R/3.

So you need to map them during contract transfer.

There is a BADI BBP_CTR_BE_CREATE available for this.

A sample is provided for method CONTRACT_INTERFACE_FILL, that maps SRM conditions to R/3 conditions.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

okydoky - thanks!!! I found the BADI and the example you mentioning. After studying the different BADIs now, I am confused, which one is needed where ... .

Is it true, that BADI BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS is, nevertheless of the number of BE Systems in the game, prerequisite for implementing BADI BBP_CTR_BE_CREATE?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia,

No, BADI BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS is not mandatory, neither a pre-requisite to implement BADI BBP_CTR_BE_CREATE.

Where have you read this ?

In standard behavior, contracts are distributed to the backends linked to the purch org selected in "Distribution" tab of header contracts.

Use BADI BBP_DETERMINE_LOGSYS if you want to distribute contracts elsewhere.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

within the BADI documentation it is mentioned, that the DETERMINE_LOGSYS is prerequisite ... . Good to know, that's not the case.

I copied the two R/3 Conditions and assigned the SRM Type - same what the Badi should do to test. Works so far. Now contracts are available, but the option to create a SA does not result in a SA. Well ...

Kind regards,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Claudia,

I checked the documentation:

Requirements

You use the method CONTRACT_LOGSYS_DETERMINE of the BAdI Determine Backend System/Company Code. Only in connection with this, can you use BBP_CTR_BE_CREATE.

I don't know why such a requirement exists.

I recently implemented the BBP_CTR_BE_CREATE to map conditions on a SRM 5.0, without using CONTRACT_LOGSYS_DETERMINE...

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

thanks for your feedback. I think you're right, it should work without the Badi. Docu can be fun .. :).

Distribution works at the moment, but in an environment, where the POrg is directly assigned to a company code in R/3. In my Dev system, I have three global POrgs and the contract is not distributed. Assume, it's cause of the company code one has to select in ME31K, when a contract is created directly.

Doesn't the systems get that info from the Plant Data? Did you have that situation sometime? How can I tell the system the corresponding company code?

Thanks - kind regards,

Claudia

P.S. I already assigned points and I go on with it. I am still learning to use the system ... .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

I had exactly the same issue: the SRM does not send the company code segment in IDOC BLAORD, which is mandatory in R/3.

At my customer, where we define the plant in SRM contract item, I did the following:

- I tried to send it from SRM via SRM BE CTR BADI, method interface fill, but this segment/qualifier is not interpreted in R/3. So instead of modifying standard R/3 code, i did the following:

- in R/3 BADI BBP_CTR, I added this company code segment/qualifier by reading the CoCode linked to the plant, retrieved from item segments.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

grrrrr - would expected, that this tiny information is already covered in the standard.

Like you explain it, it sounds logical. But I'm a bit lost.

Where in the existing methods is the compcode mentioned? I can't find any reference. Could you give me some more input or is that too much of asking?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claudia,

in the same way as you have BADI to change data in SRM, you also have some BADI in R/3 to change the data.

In R/3, this is the BADI BBP_CTR, that is called after IDOC segments preparation. So you can play with IDOC segments and adapt them.

In header segments (E1EDK..) you have the purch org. If in R/3 you have the relation 1 purch org = 1 company code, you can use it. But in your case, you need to retrieve the company code from the plant. The plant can be found at contract item level (normaly you should have selected a location in SRM GOA). This is located in E1EDP.. segments.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

thanks for the hints!!!

Besides the CompCode I also take some more field into the Idoc. There are a lot fields not mapped by standard.

I also discuss now the way to create both contract and sa in same backend for same settings. The selection option on the SRM screen is, in my opinion, somehow misleading. I'll have some fun with the sample coding for this now.

Thanks again!!!

Claudia

Sorry, for late answer - have been ill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe

I am searching this sample but I am not able to find it.

What is its name?

Or better can you provide me the code for mapping the conditions?

Thanks

RD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RD,

there is a code sample for SRM BADI (available in SE19), but not for R/3 BADI, if this is what you are searching for...

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christophe,

But, and that is my problem, I was and I am again searching desesperately in SE19 for this one in SRM and I don't find it.

Could you give me the exact implementation name to be filled in SE19 or provide me the code from your system as I really don't find it in mine?

PS: We are in SRM 4.0 SP8

Thanks again

RD

Former Member
0 Kudos

RD,

I think the sample is provided in SRM 5.0 (where I used it), but not in SRM 4.0.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe

Can you provide me the code of the SRM 5.0 example, as starting point.

Thanks

PS: post-it here or reply to my email that I send you in parallel

RD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caludia,

We are implementing SRM 4.0 and I am having the same problem when I distribute GOA to R/3 where my PORG is not assigned to Company Code instead to a plant. Also, I am getting the conditions data error. I am not able to send any Scheduling Agreements to R/3 and noticed that it was not as simple as selecting scheduling agreement instead of contract under the distribution tab.

I would appreciate if you have already solved this problem to share the notes with me on how I can successfully map company code and conditions using bbp_ctr badi. I didn't find any sample code in SRM 4.0 in the BBP_Ctr_be_create badi.

Any help is highly appreciated.

thanks,

I found the reason for my errors and they are resolved.

thanks,

Venkata

Message was edited by: Venkata Nibhanupudi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

I have your same problem.

When I try to distribute a GOA from SRM 5.0 to back end ECC 6.0, in Distribution Monitor I get the Error "Errors occurred in mapping operation for conditions data".

I read I find a standard solution without BAdI implementation, is it rigth?

Can you give me some info.

I check the calculation schemas in ECC and SRM and are different, could it be the problem?

Thank you

Bye

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

only option without BADI is to create the R/3 conditions in SRM or vice versa.

This then connected to the calc schema. So it is not 100% easy.

Best option is to work with the BADI and map the SRM conditions to the R/3

conditions. This works fine and is done in almost all projects.

Cheers,

Claudia