Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML Frames and Print

lakshmikanthaiah_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I could able to read an HTML or create an html file and display it on WebDynpro page using IFrame.

My requirement is I have 3 html files where first one contains framsets and other 2 supposed to display in the first row and second row, where clicking on a button on first row page should print the second row html content.

Yes, it is for Report Generating and Printing.

Can anybody help me how can I display HTML frames on WebDynpro application?

Any other idea, heartly welcome.

Early response appreciated.

Many thanks.

Lakshmikantha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmikantha,

i just thought i helped you saved your some time atleast of exploring...

but anyways

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When printing a HTML page using frameset, in your case:

1. if u put print button in both pages (as u said u hv them in framesets) will let you print both pages individually.

2. But you cannot print page2 from page1's print button or vice-versa. This is because in HTML pages, each frameset contents referr to individually different pages.

May i know what your requirement is, may be you should try Interactive Forms to print.

reagards,

kunal ktoak

lakshmikanthaiah_s
Participant
0 Kudos

I would to more wonder report using Interactive Form, if my PM would have allowed.

I believe my above given simple exaplanation gives clarity on my requirement.

Let me know what part is not clear to you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should there be no licensing or other issues to use Adobe forms, you should be comfortable.

But can you not have the print button in page2 as you have said you want to print the report in page2?

i know you would have thought of this, but jsut wanted to knw.

In HTML, you will have to keep the button on same page that you want to print.

Edited by: kunal kotak on Jan 19, 2009 4:45 PM

lakshmikanthaiah_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Intent of using frame is avoiding printing the button or toolbar itself.

So, I want to print second frame content by clicking the first frame's button.

This is what is my idea.

Any hope ?

Many thanks for the effort.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if this solution would satisfy you -

Place the Print Button in page2. On click of the button, as you call the javascript code, after the window.print() statement, you can hide the print button to avoid it to appear on print-out.

Other option: On right-click on page2 will display a context-menu with print option. by this you can avoid handling visibility of print button. And therefore, the print option will always be available.

But i am pretty sure that JavaScript will not allow you to invoke window.print() command from page1 to print page2 contents!

regards

kunal kotak

lakshmikanthaiah_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

I already know these options, anyway thanks.

Infact my intension is to avoid hiding button or toolbar or popup bar coz it looks add.

If you so sure about HTML frames do not support javascript on webdynpro, i decided not to waste my time on this trial and error.

So, i am choosing the first option, i.e. hiding button.

Any way thanks for the effort.

Since, I know the option already, sorry to say I am not giving any points other thanking heartly.

Lakshmikantha