cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print PO to PDF instead of printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

We are printing our POs to a high extent. What we have been forced to do is to define several printers in SRM since LOCL does not work. This due to the fact that a system user is being put in the spool instead of the actual user printing the PO.

Instead of defining 100 of printers in SRM (the client is printing from a lot of different locations) we could like to print to a PDF instead and then let the user print the PDF manually by pushing print. Since the user for that print will also be a system user will there be a problem finding the right user and publish the PDF for that user?

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Sincerely

Anders

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

Have a look at the following SPRO setting:

IMG> Supplier Relationship Management> SRM Server> Cross Application Basic Settings> Set Output Actions for Document Output.

Here you may get some information related to your requirement.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am not able to find any information regarding how to send the smartform to a "PDF device". I just want the PO to open in a new window and let the user print the PO manually. That will enable the user to use his/her windows installed printers.

Is this possible?

Sincerely

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at this SDN post:

This talks about the method:PROCESS_BBP_PO_MAI in class:CL_PD_PO_PROCESSING_BBP

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Was that the right threat?

I couldnt find anything about CL_PD_PO_PROCESSING_BBP etc..

Sincerely

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know how to get the PO into a PDF or into another window so that it could be printed manually after that?

Sincerely

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a standard function module in SRM, search for previewsmart* Here you have to enter the GUID of the po and the smartform you use for purchase orders. Put 'X' into the LOCAL parameter. This will generate a pdf with the po.

Around this FM you can build a small (web) application.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin!

Thanks for that answer. I will take that into account during next phase. Have you any experience using a printer that will turn your PO into a PDF? E.g. instead of printing to a defined HP printer I would like to print to a PDF writer much like in MS Word.

Have you ever had basis define such a printer device?

Sincerely

Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only thing I used a PDF printer with is through the locl interface (which was no problem at all). Currently at the client I am working at everyone has the open source PDFCreator program installed, basically acts like a printer. So everyone could use that.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So you mean that if a user has LOCL as a printer and that one has been set up as a PDF printer it will work?

Sincerely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looked into it a bit further. The problem is that the output is done in the background. So using the locl with a pdf writer is not going to work.

Don't have any other solution than I already mentioned at the moment.

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

May I know what you did to solve this problem? I am also having problems printing because of LOCL.

I though it probably is a good idea to throw a PDF copy to the PO creator and do a manual printout instead. May I know the steps you took to make this work?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Marvin