Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Interface determination for multiple MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i designed an IDOC to Jdbc scenario.

The particular thing is that I have TWO message mappings to apply for the same source and same target.

Hence, I have in my directory two scenarios with :

- same Reveicer Determination

- same Interface Determination

- differents Receiver agreements (i have two Communication Channels)

In my interface determination, I have configured a standard Interface determination with my two interface mappings to apply.

My problem is when I send an idoc, the result should be for my two interfaces differents payloads to inject to the database, but I get the same payload for both interfaces with the same namespace...it looks like it only use one Interface mapping instead of both...

It is driving me crazy...

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards,

Jamal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already have two different inbounds interfaces name (even two different namespaces).

I guess all I have to do is to add a receiver (which is basically the same than the other, but with a different name) or BPM, right ?

Thanks a lot for your answers

King regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

add a reciver for the same target system with a different name.................

then in reciver determination, add both recievers A and B, specify your interface mapping for A and B, and specify your reciver comm channels for A and B..................do not specify any condition, so your req msg will be mapped to both recivers A and B.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> I guess all I have to do is to add a receiver (which is basically the same than the other, but with a different name) or BPM, right ?

Yes (this should be best options).

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have same problem, how can I can one more receiver with different name if my receiver is an SAP system. Pls suggest.

Regards

Shankar.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this by specifying multiple inbound messages and Interface Mappings along with the conditions in your Interface Determination. Also, you have to create two different receiver agreements bcoz you have to inbound message interface.

Regards,

Sami.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have the same receiver.

I do have two interface mappings in my interface determination. The problem is that it uses the same for both interface.

If I use enhanced ID, i can only specify one Interface mapping.

What I want :

- sender A - Message mapping 1 - receiver A

- and also sender A - Message mapping 2 - receiver A

when the idoc is sent.

what I have right now (though my configuration seems to be right) :

- sender A - Message mapping 1 - receiver A

- and also sender A - Message mapping 1- receiver A

Thanks a lots,

Jamal

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A simple work around;

use two different inbound interfaces (i.e two different name even if you are using the same MT)

In the interf. det. add these different interfaces and the corresponding mappings .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in an extended interface mapping you could have used a multi mapping. The problem is that it's not possible for IDocs.

An Integration Process could be a solution.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you will need an enhanced interface determination:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/ed364cf8593eebe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick

former_member189440
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can take both inbound interfaces in one I.D with corresponding to their interface mapping and in quality of service check the Maintain order at runtime.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have the same receiver or multiple receiver?

if it is different receiver systems then you will need separate interface derminations.

in case its the same receiver then you will need to add multiple interfaces to the interface determination (includes interface mapping.)

/people/suraj.sr/blog/2006/01/05/multiple-inbound-interfaces-within-a-service