cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isssue regarding Upgrading MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have to upgrade the existing MDM version to the latest one. So i am not aware of the process and also the sequences of the same. Also can you please tell me how to go In the command prompt of the Console as i am not aware of that.

Also i need to replace the Syndication servers..so what exactly i have to do like first i need to remove the syndication server and afterwards have to load the new Syndication Server. So can anybody please help me in doing this???

Regards:

Gaurav Arora

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Refer to https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/support (Installations & Upgrades -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP MDM )

You need an sid to access the link.

For command prompt, go to the start menu, and type there command.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Since yours looks like an Upgrade from an existing MDM version to an upgraded version .You need to take into account a few important things.

- If you have an MDM design already in place which you need to upgrade to a new version mostly an upper version of MDM you will need to take proper backups before upgradation.

- Firstly the rep needs to archived.This will backup your Repository model along with the data and the maps etc.

- But not sure whether your maps will work correctly.As they will be compatible with the older version of MDM.

- You can also take backups for maps separately by using the Export/Import maps functions in the Import manager and Syndicator.

You can refer the below link for MDM upgrade Documentation You will require the service market palce S user Id with proper authorization for installations:

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000717304&;

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/nw04upgrade (upgrades Documentation)

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/support

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please follow the below steps for upgrading the MDM Server:

1. Take the Archieve of all the repositories.

2. Copy the Archive files from the folder C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Server\Archives into another place.

3. Uninstall all the MDM Components currently installed in the system like MDM Server, Import Server, Syndication Server and GUI Clients. This step is optional because when you install the new version, older one gets over write automatically.

4.Install the MDM Server and the GUI Clients of newer version.

5. Copy the Archives saved before into the path mentioned above i.e. Archives folder.

6. Start the MDM Server and use UnArchive command to get the repositories on this newly installed MDM Server.

7. Load the repositories with Update Indices.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for the info. But the scenario is like we have to replace the existing Syndication server with the newer one and we don't need to run the GUI's and all as we are accessing the Client system using Citrix. Also we need to do the Change Tracking. Yes we can archive and take backups and all. Can you please help us in telling the steps how to uninstall/remove the existing MDSS located on an DBMS Server and again to install the same.

Regards:

Gaurav Arora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

You can uninstall the MDM syndication server component form the server system Add/Remove programs.and install it again.

You will need to upgrade the MDM server too to the version of the MDM Syndication server.

As the MDM server ,Import server as well as the syndication server will have to be at the same version to work appropiate and consistently.

Regarding Change tracking in MDM you can refer the below helpful links:

/people/balas.gorla/blog/2006/09/08/change-tracking-in-mdm

/people/faycal.chraibi2/blog/2008/01/28/using-mdm-web-ui-for-tracking-changes-with-oracle

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto