cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer can't extract R/3 data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I connect R/3 to EP with WAS connection, tested in EP, it works fine.

I connect BW to EP with WAS connection and XMLA connection, tested in EP, it works fine.

In Visual composer, when I linked to EP,

if I select the BW system, I got all the infocubes on right hand side, no problem.

if I select the R/3 system, I got error message failed to connect to backend system, check user mapping and user priviledge, etc.

1. I know I do not have user mapping issue because if I had, I should got probelm when testing connection in EP beforehand.

2. what could be wrong? the WAS connection for R/3 - EP does not work for visual composer? Instead, I need connection of R/3 to EP from BI Java Connector (referring to BI kit's SAP connector/SAP query connection?)

3. If so, is the data from SAP Query connection limited to the scope of the SAP Query in the R/3?

Please advise.

George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

ad 3) yes, that's why it is called "SAP Query connector"

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

my connection works fine.

VC use RFC are you sure your connection is OK?

Are you using "User Mapping" or "logon ticket"?

Connect and Logon to EP and then, in the same page, try this URL

/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prteventname/HtmlbEvent/prtroot/com.sap.portal.unification.connection.tester.TestingConnection

Let me know the results.

Massimiliano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

To access any back-end from VC through portal you are bound to map the portal user (that is used by VC for logging into portal) with the back-end (R/3 in your case) user. Successful connection test doesn't always prove that the above two users are mapped.

Moreover, give the VC user "Full Control" permission to the back-end connectivity in the portal. I hope your problem will be solved.

Thanks in advance,

Deep.