cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR/CC 5.2 and GRC AC 5.3 version issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts-

I have currently RAR/CC 5.2 installed, configured and running on my system. Is it possible to install and run other 3 modules of AC5.3 excluding RAR5.3? Is it necessary to deploy all 4 modules of AC5.3 and can not I skip RAR5.3 and deploy the rest 3 modules. I searched many places but dint get any conclusion. Please advise. Thanks! Ashok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashok-

I didn't tried this scenario practically, but i think it may be possible with some experiments. Other modules should be downwards compatible as far as the web services are concerned. You can try configuring AC 5.2 CC web service with AC 5.3 CUP, It should work ideally.

Thanks for giving me another scenario to try out

Regards, Amol Bharti

amudee.com

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Best practise is to have same versions on both ends (Java and ABAP) of Access Control.

In this scenario, the best solution is to upgrade CC 5.2 to 5.3.

Following is the link where you can find the Upgrade Guide.

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000718172&;

On this page follow "SAP GRC Access Control -

> SAP GRC Access Control 5.3" on the left pannel of the page.

Best Regards,

Sirish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Even SAP can not answer to this question as they do not test these kind of scenarios. I know it very well. If you check with SAP, they will give you same response. SAP only tests that if all these products will work with CC 4.0 or not.

Good luck for trying. Let me know about the outcome.

Regards,

Alpesh

SAP GRC Manager (PwC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your input to this thread.

Amol- Any update from your side. Did you try the scenario.

Alpesh - Yes, you rightly said even SAP does not test the scenario before they launch it.

Closing the thread with following reamrks-

the combination might work but not recommended for so many reasons.

Thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

I doubt that CC 5.2 will work properly with AC 5.3 RTA but you can try it.

Installation of different modules is not dependent on each other. Basically, it is a recommendation from SAP as they want you to deploy RAR before any other modules. You can install modules in any order but make sure to deploy files from a module in the specific order as per the installation guide.

Regards,

Alpesh

SAP GRC Manager (PwC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh-

Thanks for your exploration in this regard.

You quoted-

I doubt that CC 5.2 will work properly with AC 5.3 RTA but you can try it.

CC5.2 will not work PROPERLY with AC 5.3- upto what extent/degree cc5.2 will have variance over cc5.3 in terms of its functionality. what particular stuff will not work properly or will work partially. Any idea. I wont be using all functionality delivered with AC5.3 so if something which will be of our interest and not working then there lies problems. Please highlight some specific features so that I can carry forward.

Thanks,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

This is a clear NO-NO. This is not at all recommended and I highly doubt it will work.

In simple words, as of release of 5.3, these CC, AE, RE and FF are not separate products but are different modules of AC 5.3. You should not upgrade just one module and think that it will work with other modules.

If you remember, AC 5.3 has another component called RTA (Real-time Agent). Java component for all the modules are seperate installations but RTA comes in one package.

You will upgrade AE, RE, FF to 5.3 and keep CC to 5.2. Now, you will have to upgrade RTA to 5.3.

Here is the example of what can happen:

1) You will upgrade RTA to 5.3 so CC 5.2 won't work properly as it is looking for 5.2 RTA.

2) You keep RTA to 5.2 then AE, RE and FF won't work properly as it will be looking for 5.3 RTA.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh-

Thanks for being in agreement with "Recommendation" part. Yes, its clearly NO.

If you remember, AC 5.3 has another component called RTA (Real-time Agent). Java component
 for all the modules are seperate installations but RTA comes in one package.

well, which means it will be termed as RTA5.3 which ofcourse is a higher/greater version as compared

to RTA5.2 (comes with GRC AC 5.2).

Here is the example of what can happen:

1) You will upgrade RTA to 5.3 so CC 5.2 won't work properly as it is looking for 5.2 RTA.
2) You keep RTA to 5.2 then AE, RE and FF won't work properly as it will be looking for 5.3 RTA.

I DO NOT AGREE.

Firstly, I dont have AE,RE and FF5.2 but CC5.2 only. Even if say for example one has AE,RE and FF

5.2 and now if they want these 3 modules upgraded to 5.3 keeping CC5.2 intact, RTA will need to be

upgraded to version5.3. Well in such case, all upgraded AE/RE/FF shall be working absolutely fine and

CC5.2 also will be workig fine without looking for RTA5.2 as it already has RTA5.3(higher/greater than

5.2) and vice-versa.

This is just because, SAP clearly says-

"If you have an existing installation of Virsa Compliance Calibrator, you can use the RTA from

that installation only if it is a version 5.2 or greater RTA. Alternatively, you can install the Virsa

compliance Calibrator RTA that is provided with your Compliance Calibrator 5.2 software"

Now I am suspecting the installation of java components of GRC AC 5.3 package. SAP says, SCA files

installation must be deployed in the same order the way SAP delivers. means first deploy RAR followed

by AE followed by RE and finally FF. Suppose, here if I skip RAR and deploy AE followed by RE and

finally FF, will it cause any problems?

I am putting the thread open and expecting some more insight into it.

Thanks,

Ashok

Edited by: Ashok Roy on Jan 20, 2009 1:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Amol.

This is what I too guess so. But then I needed some accurate ans if any one has exp.

Other side, SAP GRC AC 5.3 master guide says-

CC 5.2 - with u2013 AE 5.3 -> Possible

CC 5.2 - with u2013 FF 5.3 -> Possible

CC 5.2 - with u2013 RE 5.3 -> NOT Possible

Also, GRC AC 5.3 upgrade guide says, as of SAP GRC AC 5.3, Compliance Calibrator, Access Enforcer, Role Expert and Firefighter, which were formerly four separate SAP GRC products, are now bundled into one software package and so separate upgrades are no longer done.

Which means if any one has CC5.2 only and in long run they can not integrate it with RE 5.3 and also CC 5.2 ALONE can not be upgraded to CC 5.3 as said above then why someone would be recommended to use CC 5.2. Better to download the content from CC5.2 and go for complete GRC AC 5.3 package and then upload CC 5.2 content to CC 5.3 with little bit of extra configuration.

Does it make any sense?