cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter only one message in CCMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a way to create a specific monitor in CCMS(RZ20) in order to filter only one specific message in the syslog ?

I want to send an alert only when this message appears.

Regards,

Bertrand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

You can set quite a variety of filters for the syslog - in ranges too, so you could (although I don't think it's advisable) create a range from AAA to one ID below the one you want, set these to 'green'. Create a filter for the ID you want to create an alert and then create another range for all the rest of the IDs. If you do that only this one syslog ID should create alerts in CCMS.

BUT: This setting will not only affect your specific monitor, but the complete CCMS-segment! I am not aware of any possibility to create a monitor that will only show one Syslog ID - the MTE-class is R3Syslog and that means all the IDs. This can only be modified by these filters for all I know. This is a general limitation of CCMS: You can only modify the settings on an MTE class, which affects all monitors displaying this class. It's impossible (without duplicating the class) to have different settings per monitor for one specific MTE class.

Kind regards,

Jörg