cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question Regarding Rebate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru:

The rebate final settlement had been done as I looked at it in SAP,but When I checked it via va03,I found the net value had been changed to zero rather than the value which should be accrualed?My question is as below:

1) Will the finance department generate the finance document once they saw/checked the credit memo request in the system?How to checke the finace document once final settlement settled?

2)Will the net value of final settlement be cleared to zero once financial side cleared/posted the relevant financial document which specified to its credit memo request/final rebate settlement?Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It needs to investigate more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franck:

Please see my reply in Italic...

In my opinion, the FI guys should cancel all FI documents entered manually in the rebate accounts.

On the contrary how can we guarantee the accounting consistency from the SD side?

I think FI person should clear the amout of document based on the final settlement or credit memo request which created by our SD person via vb02/vf01,then it should be consistency with the one in FI documentation,my question is how to find the relevant FI document based on final settlement/credit memo request.

I understand it is best practices no to allow manual movements for these FI accounts. It is also good to start with clean (new) accounts, but it is too late in your case.

Agreed!

On the other hand during the Rebate project, we usually have to develop queries based on S060 (statistical rebate table), so we can compare for total accruals value in SD and check that it is the same in the corresponding FI account(s).

What did you mean about S060 table,how to find it.

This way when the auditor asks: Do you really have 2 Million Euros in accruals, then we can justify this amount with a detailed agreement list and accruals value. Also it is useful to check that all settled agreements (full settlement) have no accruals left.

Did you mean when FI clear the accruals,then it should be zero amount in the final settlement?

To be able to program this report, you will need to investigate the standard SAP updating of infotable S060; the crucial information is there and it's maintained on-line automatically by SAP (internal SAP infostructure)!

How to find S060 table in SAP? Which transation? se16?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaas,

Sorry to tell you that, but you seem somehow confused.

Of course S060 is transparent table, you could have tried to look for it in the data browser!

When working with rebates in SD, the accruals control is critical, because in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods we are talking about a lot of money (maybe 20% of everything invoiced).

I suggest you the following: Work with the standard system in an IDES environment and learn how the standard functionality works. Or better get specialized training.

It took me several complete weeks to fully understand standard SAP functionality in this area.

Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franck:

It made sense that if the partial settlement had been sent to the customer then there would nothing to be credited anymore,so it is possible for FI guys to cancel the relevant FI document even though I created the final settlement to accrual the total amount? For this scenarios I have to use vf01 to create the credit memo request to remind FI guys this should not have been canceled and please calculate the total amount accruals based on the credit memo request?Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaas,

In my opinion, the FI guys should cancel all FI documents entered manually in the rebate accounts.

On the contrary how can we guarantee the accounting consistency from the SD side?

I understand it is best practices no to allow manual movements for these FI accounts. It is also good to start with clean (new) accounts, but it is too late in your case.

On the other hand during the Rebate project, we usually have to develop queries based on S060 (statistical rebate table), so we can compare for total accruals value in SD and check that it is the same in the corresponding FI account(s).

This way when the auditor asks: Do you really have 2 Million Euros in accruals, then we can justify this amount with a detailed agreement list and accruals value. Also it is useful to check that all settled agreements (full settlement) have no accruals left.

To be able to program this report, you will need to investigate the standard SAP updating of infotable S060; the crucial information is there and it's maintained on-line automatically by SAP (internal SAP infostructure)!

Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaas,

If the net value of the rebate final settlement was zero, that means that there was nothing to credit to the customer or that a partial settlement (B3 document) has already been sent to the customer and therefore there is nothing more to credit.

Nevertheless you have to invoice in SD the B1 type document because even if its net value is zero, it does black magic and generates a FI document to cancel the accruals and close the rebate agreement.

The FI guys should not have to post any kind of accounting documents manually.

The Sales rebates are 100% managed from SD, so IMHO the rebates accounts in the General Ledger should only get movements from SD module !

Best Regards,

Franck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any update answers?