cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about DP to SNP release - category other than Forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Is there anyone who has tried to use /sapapo/mc90 to release DP to SNP in order category other than Forecast? FA/FC and etc.

I was trying to release a Key figure from DP planning book to SNP Planned Receipts category AG, and some other category. The system showed a warning msg about this is not a forecast category, then when I continued, it through out a COM error.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Hai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hasn't anyone tried hitting the "Release: Extended" button in MC90?

Its the same as tcode /sapapo/lcin which allows you to release time series values to orders...

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kenneth,

But to my knowledge, any of the entries in the release extended do not help you release time series data to a different category than forecast.

They are all for consumption.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, the "Release: Extended" button in MC90 or /sapapo/LCIN is working.

FYI, in the key figure Assignment select External Procurement, SNP Planned (purchase requisition) to release to planned receipts key figure.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hai,

The following is the SAP standard procedure for releasing of demand plan from Dp to SNP in line with categories to be defined.

The order category.

Categories serve to group orders according to different kinds of stocks, goods receipts, goods issues and order types. Enter a category that represents orders or forecasts such as FA or FB. The system creates demand orders with reference to the category in the liveCache order area (also called Order liveCache). The category is determined during the release to SNP as follows:

1. Has a category been entered in the release profile? If yes, this category is used.

2. If no, has a category been set in the definition of the requirements strategy in Customizing? (You define the productu2019s strategy in the Proposed strategy field on the Demand tab page of the product master record.) If yes, this category is used.

3. If no, the category FA (forecasts) is used

Hope this will helps to resolve your query

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Senthil. But my question is order other than Forecast.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hai,

I never tried it but as far as I know we can only release data to categories FA, FB and FC in live cache. You should use a BAPI to load data to other categories. MC90 does not permit you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, Visu, could you be more specific?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hai,

There should be posts long back in this forum on the same very topic and it all of them, as far as I remember, said you can only do it for forecast categories FA, FB, FC and FD.

After a lot of search in the forum, this is what I could find:

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are looking to release the orders to Std SNP Planning area , you can use /SAPAPO/LCIN tcode