cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utility of JDBC adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I hav to integrate R/3 to XI to Mssql server. From R/3 to XI i am using RFC adapter. From XI to Sql server I am using JDBC adapter.

But experts, I would wish to know what is the utility of JDBC adapter? Any Advantage? Any specialiy?I mean from design perspective, why do we select JDBC adapter?

Regards,

Arnab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>wish to know what is the utility of JDBC adapter

Only with the help of JDBC technology a Java Application can connect with any database.

>>Any Advantage

Application do not directly communicate with Data Source. Its the drivers or interfaces that deal with database.

>>I mean from design perspective, why do we select JDBC adapter?

1. To connect XI with database.

2. we don't have to write any SQL standard query in JDBC receiver adapter.

3. The message format we create for JDBC receiver is independent on database.

In order to know more about JDBC just click on this link [JDBC|http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/overview.html]

Thanks

Farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Farooq Farooqui

Yea, I think this is what I wanted to hear!

*Only with the help of JDBC technology a Java Application can connect with any database.*

we don't have to write any SQL standard query in JDBC receiver adapter.. The message format we create for JDBC receiver is independent on database.

many thanks,

Arnab.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you ever ask your self why you are using RFC adapter to connect to R3? If you got the answer, you would have got the answer for JDBC adapter too..!!

Adapter simply convert various other protocol messages to and from XML. Jdbc adapter internally uses the JDBC drivers for the database you are connecting to and facilitates you to fire queries or execute stored procedures. Each adapter handle a different type of communication protocol between systems.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Vijay, I did ask my self why to go for the RFC , it was because Idoc adapter - standard/customised was not satisfying, and abap proxy was a whole new development, so I chose RFC, anyways I think I got teh reply!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply, to connect to a database system, XI provides the JDBC adapter. Thats why you should use it.

Regards,

Prateek