Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

icm/host_name_full error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Profile parameter icm/host_name_full is not set correctly

This is the error I get in Solman 7.0

My hostname is host123 and it is on a workgroup called WORKGROUP.

I have set the profie parameter to host123 but I think it needs to be in <hostname>.<full_qualified_domain_name> format...

Can someone tell me what will be the right value for this parameter?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though you have set your host to "WORKGROUP"

You need to...

1> Change your hostname to FQDN e.g. host123.xyz.com

2> Also update your FQDN host name in HOSTS File at OS level.

and check again...

Cheers

Edited by: amit bhisekar on Jan 19, 2009 1:51 PM

Edited by: amit bhisekar on Jan 19, 2009 1:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> 1> Change your hostname to FQDN e.g. host123.xyz.com

So Amit, should I just go to My Computer and change the host name just like that? Isint it gonna cause any inconsistencies on the existing installation ? Also, I connect to this server using remote desktop...I hope I will be able to reconnect to this host after the name change...can you confirm this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes change it from MY Computer properties.

I don't think there will be any inconsistency in the system...

If you are using remote desktop to this system then just update your local comp. host file for this server.

I guess this is new installation and no other systems are connected using RFC connections ... if it is yes then it should be easy.

or else you might need to update the RFC Connections where you have entered host name any where.

Do not forget to update Server Host file.

Once check the Server environment variable also, if you need any update of host name anywhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Tried changing the hostname unsuccessfully. Periods (.) are not allowed in the hostname!

I then tried to add it to a dummy domain "asdf.com" but it again gave an error saying that the domain controller could not be contacted.

Should I try changing the WORKGROUP to "asdf.com"? I am not sure whether that's allowed/what consequences it will have though. Hence have not changed it yet.

Can you advise?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A BSP is started that contains a shortened URL (no domain name) is started from SE80. This problem can be solved with the new profile parameter icm/host_name_full.

In you case profile parameter icm/host_name_full does not require because your system is not added to domain.

Please remove that parameter from the instance profile and restart the instance.

--Kishore

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

set your icm/host_name_full=$(SAPLOCALHOST).<domain>.ext

e.g.$(SAPLOCALHOST).abc.com

if you use DNS server, your server FQDN should be there.

cheers

Susanto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

icm/host_name_full paramter should be always set as FQDN (host1234.india.domain.com).

Thanks

Mahesh