cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in the Header Exchange rate and Item level Exchange rate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am raising a Credit memo against the Credit memo request in USD as the document currency.

The Credit memo request is done to write -off the pending transactions in the quarter, so it is not raised against any reference document.

The Problem is the Exchange rate in the Credit Memo request is Rs. 47.85 for the creation date say on 10th Jan. Now when the Credit memo is raised on 14th Jan with the billing date as 16th Jan.

The rate on 14th Jan is 47.84. We have not changed the Exchange rate at the sales order level but at the Invoice level the rate at header has flown as 40.45 which has passed into the accounting.

I have checked the exchange rate for the whole week and there is no rate as 40.45 nor can we change the rate at the invoice document level.

I would like to know how different rate can flow at the header level without changing the exchange rate at the reference level.

Regards,

Karthik.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

As per your statement, believe exchange rate on

credit memo request - 10 jan - Rs. 47.85 ,

credit memo - 14 jan - Rs 47.84

billing date - 16 jan

Pls check the exchane rate on 16 Jan(must be 40.45)

If you want to charge the customer with exchange rate Rs 47.85, reverse the invoice, then in the credit memo change the pricing date as 10th jan,save and then create the invoice with service rendered and pricing date as 10th jan. hope this helps...........

Rgds,

Anitha J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have found the solution with the help of ABAPer. The system has a bug for which SAP has given a Sap Note no 22781.

Actually what happened in the Invoice is, the system by default fetched the exchange rate for the Exchange Rate Type 'M' for the rate last maintained. Since we were using different Exchange rate it did not match. Also we came to know about the difference only because off-late the users had stopped updating Exchange Rate 'M' .

The funny part is in the Invoice if we click on each tab at the header and come back to the first tab where we find the Exchange rate for accounting, the system picks up the actually rate as per the Exchange Rate maintained.

Regards,

Karthik.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto VA03>Hearder>Accounting.. see the field Exch.rate-acct. see any value maintained there. IF value maintained, this will pass to accounting.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Thanks for the reply, but as I had written in my query, no exchange rate was changed in the Sales document. So the exchange rate of the day had flown in the credit memo request which is not same as the header exchange rate in the Billing document though the item level exchange rate matches with the exchange rate master.

I would also like to know how could we charge the customer for the differential amount in INR if we cannot change the exchange rate.

Regards,

Karthik.