Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable splash screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm running sap gui 710

when i open one of the systems in the gui i get the sap gui 710 splash screen - how can i disable this screen?

Regards,

Moshe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

switching off the splash screen using the registry key specified in Sven Doernfelds description only works with GUI 7.10 patch 11 or newer. Prior to that, the splash screen could not be disabled at all.

Alternatively the splash screen can be disabled using the command line option "/SplashScreenOff". This command line option can be specified in the option dialog of SAP Logon. To reach the option dialog, click on the icon in the upper left corner of SAP Logon. In the menu displayed, select "Options...". The command line parameter has to be added unter "Additional Command Line Arguments:".

Best regards,

Brian Patrick Ollmert

SAP GUI Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

how do i disable the gui the enable update check option from the gui - i don't want that whenever a user clicks on the gui - the gui will check for a patch/update from the gui installation server?

i would like to configure it on the installation server so that future gui installations will be installed with the gui update check disabled

regards,

Moshe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have 2 possibilities:

right mouse click on the saplogon icon on your desktop and then "Configure Auto Update"

or, and this is what you want

an event script in the "OnEndInstall" in your installation server -> please look into the file

Installation Server Help.chm which you can find in the SETUP folder of your installation server.

Please pay attetnion the chapter "Package Event Scripting Samples" and there the example

"Example 2: Setting registry values to pre-configure Auto-Update settings for SAP Logon"

Thats all

br

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

under

HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAP\General\Appearance

Key: SplashOff

Set the Value to 1

or

HKLM\SOFTWARE\SAP\General\Appearance

Animation with Value 0ff

but this key must be set manuall from your adminsitartor.

Please have a look at the SAP note 200694 and 328723.

Best Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

שלום משה,

אני חושב שאתה עובד עם פאטצ' 11 ועם העיצוב החדש.

העיצוב החדש פותח באמת מין ספלאש סקרין, אבל זה מראה על נסיון חיבור למערכת,

אם אתה לא רוצה את הספלאש סקרין הזה, אז פשוט תלך לעיצוב הקודם,

אבל זה לא אומר שזה יעבוד לך יותר מהר, פשוט במקום הספלאש סקרין אתה תראה מסך אחר עם פס התקדמות.

אם אתה מדבר על משהו אחר, אזתביא צילום מסך או משהו כי אני לא זוכר שיש ספלאש סקרין כאשר פותחים מערכת.

בברכה,

משה.