cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

We are using solman 7.0 SP15.I am configuration CHARM all steps have been completed.

Now issue is that When I create any Charm ticket,It get created with TO be approved status.

I go to to that ticket click on Authorized change request and save,then its status get changed to Approved.

I have put myself as change manager,Now after approved when i again go to ticket and make it in change mode and click on option,It shows no worklist,while as i saw in some documents there should be some options like set to development.I am not getting I am missing something in configuration or process.

Please suggest.

Shivam Mittal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

Can you please post the document or link which you have referred to configure CHARM.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

U&L

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the Change request is approved a follow-on Document (Change Document is created). In the change document you will see In Development and the following statuses. Once you Change the status of this document, your preceding document (Change Request - The one which you approved) will change accordingly.

Please go through [this sim file|https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700005479212006E.sim] this shows the ChaRM Flow.

Hope this solves your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I am getting In development option and other options but not in my created ticket but i checked whenever i am authorizing any ticket a new service desk is creating in crm_dno_monitor with status created in which all these options are available.

Similarly when I am changing any service desk ticket and clicking on create change document option a change management ticket is getting created.

Please suggest is it normal and the process or I am missing anything.

Shivam Mittal

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Obviously you will not get option to set to indevelopment. All that you have mentioned is normal.

Please understand the process first.

Take a look at the image in [this link|https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000601702008E/CHARM_FRONTPAGE_VAR1.HTM].

Also Check [this Use Case Presentation|https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700000508502008E/ChangeRequestManagement.pdf] from Marketplace to understand the process.

Hope this solves your problem.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,Thanks

Issue is that we need three level approvel in Transport Requests.

Means when I user requests for any change first it should be approved by his Manager then dept manager and then IT head.

Please suggest how this scenario can be implemented.

Shivam Mittal

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to define custom actions and statuses and actions.

For Eg: for your case Manager Approval

Make a copy of SDCRHEAD (Tcode CRMBS02)

Add a custom status "Manager Approved".

Define a custom action say "Manager Approval" under action profile SDCR (SPPFCADM)

The processing parameter would be "Method Call" with HF_SET_STATUS to "Manager Approved"

So Once the manager performs Action "Manager Approval" the status will be set to "Manager Approved"

Similarly you can achieve this for the remaining approvals.

This will solve your problem.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Created a copy of SDCRHEAD , now you suggested "Add a custom status "Manager Approved" but I am not getting where to do this entry.

When I am going to copy of status profile SDCRHEAD there are several columns available Status number,Status,Authoriztion code,Transcation.

If "Manager Approved" needs to approved in Short text then what i should enter in status.

Please suggest..

Shivam

Edited by: Shivam Mittal on Jan 19, 2009 4:46 PM