cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned & Unplanned Depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Asset Accounting Module. Kindly explain me what all things need to keep in mind while implementing Asset Accounting.

Also, I would appreciate, if you could explain me Asset accounting in brief & the kind of asset register needs to be produced in Balance Sheet.

also, kindly explain the difference between planned & unplanned depreciation.

Regards

Sonica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonica,

The best way to learn is take the help of system and IDES rather than just reading.

Create your own scenarios or you can ask the same to any friend or SDN itself will give you fair idea about this.

Lot of reading and practice is required before you begin any topic in the system functionally you should know all the areas of operations and functioning in real life system.

No one can tell you everything about Asset accounting but you can take the help of help.sap.com which is a wondeful and exhaustive link offered by SAP which is ultimate guide.

Unplanned Depreciation : By setting this indicator, it is possible to skip over periods. The system then does not check for the connection to the previous period

Planned Depreciation : Set this indicator if you are dealing with the next regular depreciation posting run.

The system then determines the next period to be posted in according to the defined depreciation posting frequency (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually etc.).

Hope this is clear and all the best .

Deven.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Sonica..

Check this link

help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/EN/data/pdf/FIAA/FIAA.pdf

Plan posting run:is the regular depreciation posting run.

Unplanned Posting run:-By setting this indicator, it is possible to skip over periods. The system then does not check for the connection to the previous period

Regards,

Aakash