Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow when shopping cart LINE ITEM is deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need your help regarding SRM workflow. The requirements is:

When a shopping cart LINE ITEM which has been fully approved(ORDERED), has been deleted an email notification/follow-up needs to be sent to the supplier, advising them that that particular item have been cancelled/deleted.

How can I do that? I was thinking to create a simple workflow for this, and use BUS2121.DELETEPOSITION event as my triggering event. How come I can't see it in the event trace (SWEL)? Is this the correct way to do it?

And also...why is it that the BUS2121.SAVED event is not showing in transaction SWEL (Event Trace is ON, of course)?

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

-jeproks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kuya,

the solution proposed by Yann based on Alert Framework is alos available in SRM 4.0.

This is a WAS 6.40 feature, used in CRM, APO, HR... but not in SRM 4.0 processes.

To go back to your question: if you delete a SC item, the corresponding PO item should also be deleted.

In that case, this PO update should trigger a PO Change edition, notifying the supplier with the delta (item deleted).

So the solution is on the side of PO output, and not arround SC.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yann and Christophe,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Unfortunately we're not yet in SRM 5.0.

But It does make sense to create the workflow notification in the backend since the PO Item is deleted as well. I will propose that we will go this route. -

and just for my understanding, how come I can't see the SAVED, DELETEPOSITION, and some others in event traces (SWEL) as I mentioned in my previous post?

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kuya,

Why not using Alert management if you are in SRM 5.0 :

Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Event and Event Schema for Alert Management ->....

You should have a look here, you may be able to define event for document status.

For more information on Alert Management, see the SAP Library (SAP R/3 Enterprise, Release 4.70)

under:

SAP-NetWeaver Components ->SAP Web Application Server -> Basis Services / Communication

Interface -> Business Workplace and Services -> Alert Management

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Yann