Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find AdaperEngine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can any one tell me..

We have installed XI3.0 SP14 on IBM AIX5.3(UNIX).

While checking all connections , i found there is no Adapter engine, so I thought my basis guy missed the installation of adapter engine, this is the reason i couldn't able to find adapter engine in RWB , even adapters also. So what shell we do? shell we reinstall total XI? or we just install only XI components?

Is there any chance to reinvoke adapter engine, if we restart any service?

Regards...ramarki!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

Go to the following link and check if you see any evidence of the Adapter Engine being installed:

http://<xihost>:<j2ee-http-port>/sap/monitoring/ComponentInfo

You should see components like SAP_XIAF and SAP_XIAFC.

Also check in SLD, Technical Landscape->Exchange Infrastructure for XI components.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin

thanks for info. I have found Adapter engine afer restarting the server, but while i click the adapter monitor , it showing like :

Server 0 3_58205

http://sap.com/xi/XI/System

JPR

Not showing all adapters, but its about to show all adapters. Am i right?

while clicking the JPR , its showing all access . There SLD have red color and showing like this:

SLD access SLD host:port = nasn6:50300

Error getting JPR configuration from SLD. Exception: No entity of class SAP_BusinessSystem for XIS.SystemHome.nasn6 found

No access to get JPR configuration

and in my RWB . i dint find cache connectvity test button , otherwise i can test CPA cache connectvity test using this button, becuase this CAP cache contains all information about Adapter Engine.

And your url is not working , its showing can't find server.

http://nasn6:50300/sap/monitoring/ComponentInfo

Give me some more ideas..mena time i'll check SLD.

reggards

..rambarki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambarki -

I assume that this is a freshly installed system. Can you confirm with you basis team that all the Post-Installation activities have been performed according to the XI 3.0 SR1 Installation Guide? Perhaps you can at least check on some of the steps if you haven't already. The guide can be find here: http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700009389172004E/XI30SR1.pdf

Also, please confirm that SAP BASIS 6.40 SWC (SP14) is imported in the Integration Repository (this is also a post-install step). The Adapter Metadata is contained with this SWC.

It's strange that the ComponentInfo URL is not working. I did forget to mention that you need role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN for your user to access this, but you should be getting authorization error if this case, not a can't find server. Since your restarted your server, make sure all your J2EE services are up prior to accessing this (for instance, wait until you can reach the Int. Builder page first). If it still doesn't work, try using a fully qualified domain name.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin

You are correct .This is freshely installed system,previously in this server we installed SAP instance on last 2months back, now this week we installed XI3.0. and my basis guy missed some post installation steps , thats the reason SAPBASIs6.40 not imported in IR, but after he made those steps, now we able to see Adapterengine and all adapters. So we assume every thing working fine on last eveinig.

Today morning while i testing a small scenarion file-to-file, then i found some problem in file adapter ,its showing up and run but not processing any data.

In RWB-->component monitor AdapterEngine and IntegrationEngine showing RED color. and status showing like this:

CCMS Status Last Retry Fri Mar 10 13:38:23 EST 2006

Ping Status Last Retry Fri Mar 10 13:38:40 EST 2006

Self-Test Status Last Retry Fri Mar 10 13:38:41 EST 2006

1. CCMS Status always showing GREY color for all componets including AdapterEngine(AE) and Integration Engine(IE).

2. Ping Status always showing GREEN color for all components including AE and IE.

3. Self-Tests Status showing RED color for AE and IE only.

One more thing is , While am checking for Component status for all "I about to see 3 buttons

1. Display as tree

2. CCMS

3. Cache ConnectvityTest

but i'm unable to find Cache Connectvity Test button in that screen. As my assumption is Adapter engine is not refreshing frequently, thats the reason it showing RED color.

Just now we got the strange problem, we refreshed CPACache and now AE showing GREEN color but with in 15minutes its changed in RED color . But IE showing always RED color.

Thing is my basis guy sitting in some other loaction and his new abt XI installation.

Please put your ideas for resolve these issues.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards..Rambarki!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambarki,

I can give you some info regarding CCMS, but the rest will try finding out and let you know soon. Mean while pls go through this info on CCMS.

When your CCMS is not configured you can only do individual monitoring.

To configure the same you must decide which system is to be the central system for the SCR.

To know what SCR is and to know more about it please go through this link.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/1e/ec9e38f0d92936e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

After doing the same please follow these steps.

Log on to the system that is to contain the central repository.

- Choose CCMS ® Configuration ® Alert Monitor, or call transaction RZ21.

- Choose Technical Infrastructure ® System Repository ® Set Repository Role.

- The system displays the Set Repository Role in Central System Administration screen. Choose Central Repository.

And also go through the following links. This I guess will help you solve your problem and I guess it answers your question.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/e5/15a0380d134f6fe10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/12/06/xi-ccms-alert-monitoring-overview-and-features

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-i

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhy,

I'll check ..and let you know that status.

regards..rambarki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambarki -

Regarding your red Integration Engine status, which parts of the Self-Test below (after clicking on Int. Engine) is showing the problem? Look at the details for some clues. I wouldn't worry about CCMS status at this point... Also,

- does SLDCHECK work? does the test connection for your TCP/IP SM59 destination SAPSLDAPI work and is SLDAPICUST txn configured?

- has a technical and business system for your XI system been created in the SLD?

- have you configured the role of your XI system as Integration Server in SXMB_ADM (Int. Engine Configuration)

- all the above are within the post-install steps

Regarding your Adapter Engine status, again, which parts of the Self-Test is not working... look in Details.

- does the test connection for your TCP/IP SM59 destination LCRSAPRFC - necessary for Exchange Profile communication.

- XIAFUSER should be set in the ExchangeProfile for the AF section

There's a <a href="http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700002757652005E/HowtoMintorAF.pdf">Adapter Engine Monitoring and Error Analysis</a> guide available that might help now or later. Also, keep this <a href="http://service.sap.com/nw-howtoguides">NetWeaver How To Guides</a> link handy. Lot of good information there for future purposes - look within Exchange Infrastructure.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin/Abhy

First of all Sorry , before i gave wrong info we installed XI3.0 SP9. not SP14. I confirmed after saw ComponetInfo. It is showing like this:(please confirm Am i right or not)

System XIS

Software Components

Vendor Name Version Location Applied

sap.com SAP-JEECOR 6.40 SP9 (1000.6.40.9.0.20041119045253) SAP AG 20041122132733

sap.com SAP_JTECHF 6.40 SP9 (1000.6.40.9.0.20041119045516) SAP AG 20041122132734

sap.com SAP_JTECHS 6.40 SP9 (1000.6.40.9.0.20041119045630) SAP AG 20041122132741

sap.com SAP-JEE 6.40 SP9 (1000.6.40.9.0.20041119045409) SAP AG 20041122132741

sap.com SAP-XIAFC 3.0 SP9 (1000.3.0.9.1.20041028052722) SAP AG 20060308163704

sap.com SAP_XITOOL 3.0 SP9 (1000.3.0.9.0.20041026233717) SAP AG 20060308175606

sap.com SAP_XIAF 3.0 SP9 (1000.3.0.9.0.20041026233659) SAP AG 200603081

Yes Jin, I dont think CCMS status shows GREY color for cause to not processing the data.(in my previous project also CCMS status showing GREY color, but IE processing data successfully)

1. Yes, after clicking the IE(RWB-->ComponetMonitor) only IE status and self test showing RED square box.

2. Now our AE status and Self test showing Green color since last 5hours, i think its stable now.

Q. I have found some errors in my SXMB_MONI , error status RED and error id showing SYSTEM_NOT_CONFIGURED_AS_XMB

It means our system is not properly configured or ?

and its not generating any XML messages for any selections.

Why i'm getting these errors?

Any way i'll cross check every thing and let you.

Thank you for sharing valuble time.

Regards..Rambarki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambarki -

<i>>>>It is showing like this:(please confirm Am i right or not)</i>

Yes, it appears your Java relevant components are in sync. You can check the ABAP basis by going into SAPGUI and going to menu System->Status. Look for magnifying glass on the right. On the subsequent screen you should see:

SAP_BASIS 640 0009 SAPKB64009

<i>>>>SYSTEM_NOT_CONFIGURED_AS_XMB</i>

Goto SXMB_ADM and then Integration Engine Configuration. For "Role of Business System" it should say "Integration Server". If not, you need to set it to that. Also, check that your XI Business System in the SLD also has the Business System Role "Integration Server".

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, as soon as you get your system stable, patch your system to at least SP15. SP16 is currently the latest. I wouldn't commence on any real meaningful work until you get your system up on the latest SPs.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

1. I dint find SAP_BASIS 640 0009 SAPKB64009 in that glass but this component imported into IR as SAPBASIS6.40.

I'm in small confusion: Right now my Basis guy has given Client number 900 ,userid and pwd for access the SAPR/3 and alternately XI system. So i'm accessing both systems using same userid and pwd. As of my understand he installed XI on same server and assigned same client for XI, and given SAP_ALL roles to my user id? Am i right?

1. I have checked Role of Business role in SXMB_MONI ,it is saying ApplicationSystem.

2.InSLD i have found two Business systems

1. XIS (on client 900 of XIS)

2. XIS_JAVA

a) XIS system showing Business System Role is : InegrationSystem

IntegratedBusiness System :XIS_JAVA

b)XIS_JAVA showing Business System Role is : ApplicationSystem

Related Integration Server is : XIS

Here small confusion ? Does our Basis guy done any wrong?

Any way i'll try to ask him to change Business System Role is Integration Server.

And Finally , Right now our client have XI(this) Evalution version only, we need to do prototype using this version, so later we'll update latest patches with permanet license, so that it'll take some time, mean while we need to do POC as soon as with this license.

Give me some more suggestions..thank you verymuch.

Regards..rambarki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again -

<i>>>>1. I dint find SAP_BASIS 640 0009 SAPKB64009 in that glass but this component imported into IR as SAPBASIS6.40.</i>

Look for this when you log into your ABAP via SAPGUI. That's where I meant for you to check this. You're probably ok, but just in case.

<i>>>>I'm in small confusion: Right now my Basis guy has given Client number 900 ,userid and pwd for access the SAPR/3 and alternately XI system. So i'm accessing both systems using same userid and pwd. As of my understand he installed XI on same server and assigned same client for XI, and given SAP_ALL roles to my user id? Am i right?</i>

The XI has components in both the Java and ABAP stack. That is, it is a dual-stack application. Users for the XI system is created and maintained on the ABAP("R/3") side and synchronized with the XI Java components. It's very common for the XI ABAP and XI Java components to be installed on the same server.

<i>>>>1. I have checked Role of Business role in SXMB_MONI ,it is saying ApplicationSystem.</i>

This needs to be changed to a role of "Integration Server".

<i>>>>1. XIS (on client 900 of XIS)

2. XIS_JAVA

a) XIS system showing Business System Role is : InegrationSystem

IntegratedBusiness System :XIS_JAVA

b)XIS_JAVA showing Business System Role is : ApplicationSystem

Related Integration Server is : XIS</i>

This part looks fine, although the XIS_JAVA is a little confusing, but not wrong.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin

After we made changes using SXMB_ADM, the Integration Engine showing Yellow Light on Friday late night. So that time we left that situvation and today moring again while chekcing against it shwoing RED light for Integration Engine(self test showing Red Light),then we left as it is and i executed small file to file scenario. Now we got another error Adapter engine(self test) shwoing RED light after this file-to-file test.

File adapter showing follwoing status :

File_Pick_CC Sender Adapter v1014 for Party '', Service 'TRW_File_Test':

Configured at 11:41:34 2006-03-13

Last message processing started 11:51:34 2006-03-13, Error: Module exception com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.ConfigException: Some of the IS access information is not available. SLDAcess property may be set to true, but SLD is not available. found

last retry interval started 11:51:34 2006-03-13

length 600,000 secs

File_Send_CC Receiver Adapter v1027 for Party '', Service 'TRW_File_Test':

Configured at 11:18:33 2006-03-13

Up and running - no message processing until now

I found Module exception in file pickup adapter. Whis is this? After executing this scenario only AE showing RED light ? why it is happened?

Regards

Rambarki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambarki -

When you execute SLDCHECK txn on ABAP side of XIS, is everything OK? Is your SLD up and running?

In the SLD, for the XIS business system, is the paramter "Pipeline URL:" set to something like:

http://<xihost>:<icm-http-port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

The <icm-http-port> can be verified in txn SMICM, then Goto->Services.

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

1. SLD showing up and run, it showing healty running state!

2. SMICM--> Showing -->Active services are HTTP on port(8003) and SMTP on port(0), i dint find any error in here.

3. But while i'm calling this url on browser:

http://nasn6.ssc.trw.com:50300/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

i'm getting 404 notfound and request resource doesn't exist.

Regards

Rambarki..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambarki -

The URL http://nasn6.ssc.trw.com:50300/sap/xi/engine?type=entry should be with your ICM port (8003) - the one your checked; not 50300.

Also, did you confirm that this URL is configured for the "Pipeline URL" parameter for the XIS business system - the one corresponding to your XI system?

Thanks.

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin

RWB>ComponetMonitor>InterationEngine XIS--> showing this status(Self Test):

Can the SLD be reached? (GreenLight) !! Does the Integration Engine know the business system? (GreenLight)

Are roles in SXMS_CONF_ITEMS and SLD consistent? (RED Light ) !! Has an Integration Server destination been defined? (Green Light )

RWB>ComponentMoitor>AdapterEngine nasn6-->Showing follwing status(SelfTest):

Is the exchange profile available? (GreenLight) !!Is a user defined for component AF? (RED light)

Hope this info will give proper idea about my errors.

Regards..Rambarki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

I dint find any URL in "PipelineURL" for XIS business system. I think its about show pipeline url ,if we configured in SLD. Am i right?

Is this way to find pipeline url, through SLDCHECK!

If i'm wrong to search , please let me know !

Following details showing in SLDCHECK(Test LCR Connections)

Details of own Business system XIS

Caption = XIS

Product = EXCHANGE INFRASTRUCTURE

IS-URL =

summary : Connection to SLD works correctly.

What i understand is now i need to to set following url in place of

IS-URL=http://nasn6.ssc.trw.com:8003/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

Am i right?

If it is right ,please let me know !how do i set this url into that place?

while i'm calling this url, it is asking SAPWAS(XIS) username and pwd for login, when i'm giving my login credentials its failing for login. I think my usereid do not have permissions for WAS? Am i right?

Sorry to troubling you, we are new this software .

Thank you,

Regards..Rambarki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambarki -

<i>>>>Are roles in SXMS_CONF_ITEMS and SLD consistent? (RED Light ) !!</i>

This means the corresponding entries for the XI system is inconsistent between SLD and the entry specified in SXMB_ADM. From previous posts, you've confirmed the following:

- SXMB_ADM - role is Integration Server

- SLD XIS Business System - role is Integration Server

- Pipeline URL has not been confirmed; in SLD->Business Landscape and select XIS. On subsequent screen there should be parameter for "Pipeline URL" somewhere. However, maybe it's different on SP9 system - can't remember.

Whether it's there or not, try this:

In SXMB_ADM, go back to Integration Engine Configuration. The goto menu item Edit->Change Global Configuration Data. Then select "System Landscape" button. Now the entries should be in sync, but check the "Corresponding Integ. Server" url and tell me what you see there.

<i>>>>Is a user defined for component AF? (RED light)</i>

Goto the ExchangeProfile (http://<xihost>:<j2ee-port>/exchangeProfile) and check that the XIAFUSER is maintained under node "AdapterFramework". For example:

com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.language EN

com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.name XIAFUSER

com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.pwd <pwd>

<i>>>>while i'm calling this url, it is asking SAPWAS(XIS) username and pwd</i>

Try using XIAPPLUSER (default pwd is "xipass" unless basis changed it during install). Or add the role XIAPPLUSER has to your id.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

We made all configurations accoding to your suggestions, now we are able to processing the data successfully. But still Adapterengine(AE) showing RED color, even if it RED, File adapter picking the file and successfully delevared in destination folder. How come it is?

After we made every configurations , IE showing yellow color and AE showing Green Light, so we tested scenario, then it is able to picking and droping the files, but after some time AE showing RED color but it is able picking the data and droping the file.

Now IE staus is stable Yellow Light

AE(self test) status is RED light.

so that i just kept polling intervals for 6000sec for pick and drop the files, then we can test the consistancy of our XI server. I'll let you know status soon.

Regards..rambarki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambarki -

Since you made the changes to or confirmed the relevant Exchange Profile parameters:

com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.language: EN

com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.name: XIAFUSER

com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.pwd: <pwd>

try initializing the RWB cache using the following:

http://<xi-host>:<j2ee-port>/rwb/rtc?op=init

Or why not give the J2EE engine a restart with all the changes that have been made.

Regards,

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jin,

Atlast we made it with your great support.

Thanks once again for timely help.

Regards..Rambarki!

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's great hear... glad I could help.

Regards,

Jin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rambarki,

Please go trough the following links and just go through the post installation steps mentioned and also look at the entire configuration procedure.

http://help.sap.com/bp_bpmv130/Documentation/Upgrade/XI_Upgrade_Guide.pdf

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/3.0/configurati... guide - sap xi 3.0.pdf

I hope after going through these links you are able solve your problem.

Regards,

abhy