cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failover Cluster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have implemented 2 Node Cluster installation as per IBM AIX-NW2004s-Java-Oracle10.2 installation guide.

Now Vendor has come here for IBM HACMP(Failover Software) installation and configuation.

These guys are telling that normally failover of SCS or DB takes more than 10 minutes,so Servers will not be available for 10 mins.

But I am sure that for SCS failover it should not take more than 2 mins and for DB-Failover it should not take more than 3 minutes.

1. Can anyone point me out any document/link to show these guys how to make ACTIVE - PASSIVE Cluster setup? (If possible on unix flavor)

2. Can anyone tell me why my APP Servers are getting restarted if my SCS is unavailable for some time?

3. How to accomplish the DB reconnect mechanism in only AS Java cluster failover implementation?

Any points would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Karthick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

KleinM
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Karthick,

here are my answers for your questions:

These switchover times seem to be very high. Maybe they planned to put the complete Java Instance in one cluster group for failover. I would not recommend to set it up like this, because failover time takes is quite high in this setup. Instead only put SCS in one cluster group and DB in another. There is no need to put the Java Instance in an switchover cluster.

1. There is no special setup guide for IBM HACMP from SAP (as far as I know). SAP delivers the software which can be installed in a failover cluster environment. But it's up to your hardware partner to set it up.

2. Your Java Server gets restarted if you do not have an Enqueue Replication Server. If you do not have one and the Enqueue Server fails, your Java Server will detect this as a inconsistent system state since he lost his lock table. You can prevent this by setting up the Enqueue Replication Server

For more details see: Link: [High Availability with the Standalone Enqueue Server|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/6d/e3a03cc24efd1de10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

3. There is nothing to configure. The DB connection pool does the reconnect by default.

For more information about High Availability and SAP Systems see the Link: [HA Page on SDN|].

Best regards,

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Configure ERS