cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download .pdf file from the Webpage through XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

This forum helped me in learning more XI functionalities. Now I have one scenario and I require help on this.

1. I have an webpage exposed to the Customers, where they can download their Invoices.

2. In R/3 system, I have designed SMARTFORM for the Customer Invoice, and written driver pgm which downloads the SMARTFORM layout as .pdf file.

3. Now my scenario is when I click the download option in the Webpage, the Invoice .pdf should be downloaded. How can I do this through XI

I have some of the solutions in my mind

1. Download all the .pdf files in the FTP server and from the webpage on clicking call the webservices, get the .pdf file - Here how to pass the .pdf files to the webservices through XI

2. (or) can we able to directly generate the .pdf files in r/3 and can we send the file to the webservices through XI. - How to do this??

3. (or) in R/3 before generating the .pdf file from the SMARTFORM Function Module we can get the layout in OTF format can we send this OTF format to the webservices and there can we generate .pdf file. -

Experts, these are the scenarios that I can think of and as I don't have experience in handling the files in XI, please suggest the process to implement this.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Mukesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek for your reply.

What I understand from your reply is I can generate the .pdf files in R/3 and send it to FTP server through proxies. And from the FTP server I can retrive these files.

If you can provide me the steps to send the attachment from R/3 through outpound proxy to FTP and fetching the file from FTP to SOAP that would be great help.

Many Thanks,

Mukesh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may write a report at R/3 system to attach the pdf file and send it using ABAP proxy to receiver webservice. At receiver side, use soap adapter with keep attachment option. You cannot use http adapter at receiver as it will not support attachments.

Regards,

Prateek