cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realignment table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If any one working on ralignment input table, then other cant access this table to create realignment steps.A message is pop up saying the table is locked.

Is this standard functionality?

Please suggest, if many users can work(create realignment steps) at the same time.

Thanks in advance

regards

vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Yes. As Dave said, it is one person at a time. The user editing the table needs to get out before other user can get in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SCM has these things called "product split table", "location split table" and "realignment table" and the key word is that they are transcations for a single table, so ya, one person at a time.

Having a person manually update the realignment table sounds pretty sketchy to me in the sense that I would think the change of characteristics should stem from the source BW system sending new data. In that scenario, you should use the file option and upload a unicode text file onto the server and run the entire realignment process in batch.

To specifically solve your problem there are 3 alternatives:

1. Take a path as I've described above.

2. Train the resources to set a time frame of when they use the table.

3. Build a Z transaction with a Z table with row-locking enq/deq and when the user it done, generate an update to the SAP table. <--- I think this option is bad, but the users might say "sounds good to me".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DAVE and Visu

The first option sounds good for me.

Thanks for your kind and quick response.

Thanks and regards

Vijaya Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry.Now I awarded the points.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave/visu

You said only one can enter at a time in realignment table.

Is this functionality is same in versions 4.0,4.1, and 5.0 also?

Thanks in advance.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe so. It has never been open to editing for more than one user at a time.