cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert to 3 tyre system from 2 tyre system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings for the day,

I need some guidance.. : )

We have a 2 tyre system (DQG u2013 PRD). Iu2019ve just installed new QAS (Quality server) and Iu2019m looking to change 2 tyre system to 3 tyre system (DQG u2013 QAS u2013 PRD).

Currently DQG is the domain controller.

SAP 4.7 Enterprise. HP Unix. Oracle. Database size of 170GB.

Questions:

1> Practically recommended domain controller? DQG or QAS or PRD?

2> How do I delete old settings and set up 3 tyre system?

3> Do I need to mount some /usr/sap/trans directories at OS level on each server?

4> I need to copy PRD client to QAS. Remote client copy. Post client activities and Remote client copy steps from PRD to QAS.

Please Help.. : )

Thank you,

Pranay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer to your questions:

1. Yes, mostly Dev is the domain controller; make Q as your backup domain

2. First add another system as Q in Dev (STMS-->System overview and add external system); go back to STMS and click the transport route; delete the delivery route between Dev and Prod and add Q by simply drag and drop; add a consolidation layer from Dev to Q (you need to specify a the client the consolidation will occur) and create a delivery layer from Q to prod.

3. Yes mount /usr/sap/trans on all 3 systems

4. Remote client copy is not prefered if you are doing a large client copy, how big is your db? I would suggest do an export from your prod and import to Q. This is faster and you do not have to keep your production isolated for long. Steps are:

- In production go to SCC8 and select the profile type: select SAP_ALL if you need both customization and data, else select what you need and run it as background job

- Once completed go to Q system transport queue using STMS and import the transport in Q

- Log on to Q client (same client in prod) and go to SCC7 and run the post steps (it will ask you when you enter the transaction); make sure to use a basis user here, user should have enough authrization to perform this role.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing; you need to do the transport setup in Dev 000 and you can use DDIC or any admin user. Do not forget to distribute the transport setting to all systems (system will ask you when you save the changes) also go to Q (STMS) and accept the settings once you are done in Dev and same for prod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

One correction though : It is "tier" and not "tyre"

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Convert to 3 tyre system from 2 tyre system.

> It is "tier" and not "tyre"

Yes with "tyre" that would be convert your motorcycle to a sidecar !

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

lol..

Answers (0)