cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

both complete and incomple copy model MIC's - you can change the lower and upper spec limits when MIC's were assigned to task list means either inspection plan/reciepe/routing

complete copy mic will be used for mat.specification but you can't use incomplete

Guru's - apart from this any other advantage in business wise for using incomplete copy mode

we are not using material specification and inspection plan and not batch managed

only in recipes we are assigning MIC9inprocess inspection

what are all advantage and disadvantage of incomplete MIC and complete copy MIC

plz give some pros and cons -inputs

Thanks

Sami

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sami,

I was mentioning only change in the specification in the inspection plan.

But if you do any change in QS23 like you said scope change or anything related to control indicator it will not effect the next lot. For both complete and incomplete you need to refresh the MIC in the inspection plan again.

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Thanks

Nirmala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Gajesh what about reference

Regards

Nirmala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirmala,

INCOMPLETE COPY MODEL : This MIC require changes after being copied in the Task List Characteristics (changes like specification limit and Target are most common one). Whatever does not change in different Tasklists are kept ready and saved as Incomplete Copy Model (like name, description etc.)

COMPLETE COPY MODEL : These types of MIC are ready to be referenced in any Task List Characteristics with any change in spec, target value. These are in a sense standard ready to be used else where without any modification. Any change in the complete copy model reflects in the Tasl List characteristics only after they are copied afresh.

REFERENCE CHARACTERISTICS is similar to Complete Copy Model with the difference that the changes made in the MIC gets automatically reflected in the Task List Characteristics ( where they are assigned ). They are linked in this sense ie. Task List characteristics reference value from REFERENCE CHARACTERISTICS MIC

Let me know if this is Okay.

Thanks,

RKM.

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sami,

Incomplete copy model

Advantage - In some industry one particular test is done for different types of a material.Like Ash test which is done for 100s of chemicals received in the plant. So it is very difficult to maintain same MICs for single test for all Chemicals with different specifications. That is where incomplete copy model comes into place. You create one MIC as Ash test as incomplete copy model and assign this mic to each of the inspection plan of the material. but once any changes updated for the MIC next lot will pick up this change automatically.

Disadvantage - is that tracking of the MIC specification change at mic level is difficult to capture as you update the specification at inspection plan level.

Complete model

Advantage - IF you have very lesser number of MIC available then complete model can be used. Changes of the tolerance can be done at the MIC level itself. Specification changes can be tracked. Easy to do the changes

Disadvantage - in some cases even if you do changes to MIC it doesnt reflect in inspection plan. I have faced this issue a lot of time.

hope this helps you

Regards

gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gajesh

Incomplete copy model

" but once any changes updated for the MIC next lot will pick up this change automatically".

Means if you change any value or setting (scope not fixed to fixed scope) -then system will automatically update all inspection plans? or i have to change each inspection plan?

can you plz explain little more detailed? because i missed or understand properly

because in both complete /incomple copy MIC - I can change the limit in inspection plan?and it will get reflect my next inspection lot.

Thanks

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, apart from what you have said one more difference is only complete copy model MIC can be assigned manually while doing result recording.

regards,

sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In complete copy model have some advantages.for example if u are using same MIC codes for different material which having different specification limits.

in this case no need to create separate MICs,u can create only one MIC code as incomplete copy model.

while uploading this MIC in task list tht time u can specify the limits.

In this case u can see the advantages only.upto my knowledge no disadvantages.

Regards,

Selva