Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

id in xlf-File, is that id really unique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

my question is simple.

I must know if the id in the xlf-File is really unique.

I have test it with 2 WD Applications with the same name of the Component and the same resource name. The id looks unique.

Do anybody know what kind of algorithm is used.

regards

Gunter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunter,

Yes the trans-unit id in a xlf file is unique(But if you create the copy of that xlf file then that ids are same as that of the previous one). Otherwise you may generate practically any number of WD applications with same name of components or anything else the trans-unit id will be different as your component's package will differ or name will differ,etc. ,i.e., the two components can not be exactly similar in their logical attributes.

If you need to fetch some element then you can use trans-unit id for working on the same. I guess you are working on some WI18N tool, so you can be sure that in a xlf file the trans-unit id generated once won't be repeated again.

I do not know the algorithm behind that but I have worked on editing, copying , renaming of xlf files a lot.

In case of doubts please revert.

Regards.

Rajat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunter,

Yes the Id generated is unique Id.

And for generation of this Id, it used random number generation (Java random number class)of 32 characters which uses both numeric as well as alphabets to generate the unique Id.

Hope this has clarified your problem.

revert if you need more info.

Regards

Narendra