cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different lot sizes for one material in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Could you someone helps us with follow case?

One and the same product can be produced on different resources. But when is produced on Resource 1 max lot size is 4000 kg and on Resource 2 max lot size is 5000 kg. In material master we can enter only one max lot size. We want orders quantities to be limited to the max lot size.

Example:

If we have to produce 10000 kg when product is produced on Resource1 the desired result is two orders with 4000 kg and 2000 kg requirement which is not covered.

When is produced on Resource 2 the result should be two orders with 5000 kg because of max lot size for WC2 5000 kg.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaloian,

Did you get the solution for this issue. i have similar issue in our implementation now. We are dealing with PPMs.Different lotsizes for one material are used and we have 3 to 5 resources with different lot sizes for the same material.

Could you share us if you have used any enhancement or user exit.

Regards

Aktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Unfortunately after long research the result is that there is no standard solution in APO for this problem.

The only way is customer heuristic which is using lot sizes inserted manually in the heuristic screen or from some z-table. This was our final proposal to the customer.

Regards,

Kaloian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaloian Penev,

Try to put priorities in the PDS structure with the maximum lot size values so that system will always considers that. Moreover, keep the rounding value on the higher side to pick up the maximum lot size value.

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R. Senthil Mareeswaran

I couldnu2019t understand whole your idea.

Could you please give me an example?

Regards,

Edited by: Kaloian Penev on Jan 19, 2009 2:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaloian - I have seen this same scenario. Production versions were created (if not already existing) for each different resource a product can be produced at and the production versions have their unique lot sizes. Of course the production versions are supported by their dependent data (recipe, BOM, etc). Additional production versions can be created for same product/resource using different lot size ranges. The procurement priority in the PDS was set using an enhancement but PDS_MAINT transaction is also used to maintain the procurement priorities. Procurement priority is used in source determination assuming validity is correct. The product master must have a max lot size equal to or greater than largest production version max lot size and the converse for min lot size. This approach worked fine.

I think rounding value does not have any impact unless the max lot size is not evenly divisible by it (I have seen this cause problems).

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

We donu2019t have u201Cunique lot sizesu201D for each production version. In production version we can setup validity of version from min lot size to max lot size. The problem is that this is not creating orders with this lot sizes but avoiding creation of order with lot size out of this range. I have tested and this was the result.

If I can setup max lot size in Production version this is my dream and I still can not believe that SAP does not has standard solution for this.

Thanks,

Kaloian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaloian - It sounds like you can only do what you want through custom development. You can enforce lot sizing from the PDS to supercede the lot sizing from the product master. There are many places this would need to be done in PPDS and newer versions of APO ad flexibility to do this without modification or extensive coding and this is by using enhancement implementations. I think this scenario exists enough for SAP to put into a future version (if customers speak up) as an option - until then you will have to do what you need to in order to meet your requirements.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming you have two PDS with two different resources, If so then maintain max lotsize as 5000KG in the product master and maintain max lotsize as 4000 in PDS with resource1 and 5000 in PDS with resource2 and maintain procurement priority for these two PDS based on your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replay

But the question is how to maintain different lot size in PDS for Resource1 and PDS for Resources 2 because always max lot size is coming from Product master and there is only one max lot size

Edited by: Kaloian Penev on Jan 18, 2009 8:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaloian,

I don't know of any standard way of using different lot sizes for different PPMs. I think it is the maximum lot size in product master that takes precedence.

But are the two resources used the same time? If not them I have few options:

Can you assign the two resources in 2 different PPMs and when you use the first PPM, update the product master with max lot size of 4000 and when the use the other chnage it to 5000. You can create different lot size profiles and update the table /sapapo/matloc.

If you are ready to customize further, try using the BADI /SAPAPO/PWB_SOS and check if the source of supply is the PPM with resource needing max lot size 4000 or 5000 and update the table /sapapo/matloc with the required lot size profile.

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try heuristic SAP_PP_Q001

Nitin Thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

That information belongs on the PPM.

Are you using a single PPM with multi modes or do you have multiple PPM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using PDS

Regards,

Kaloian

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are in territories that I have not travelled.

good luck...