Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit memo issue

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I need to create credit memo for the return order so I created RE order and return delivery also I did PGR when I tried to give G2 billing type in vf01 system throws an error log saying as incorrect but for the same return delivery I could able to create RE(credit for return) billing type.....I dont understand why the system is not accepting G2 billing type....................

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First check your returen order cycle

In standard the reurn cycle is Sales order (OR)--delivery(LF)-billimg(F2)---Return order ,order type (RE) Mandatory reference or should be referred to Billing doc -

return billing type is also RE only and this is nothing but credit memo only

In between these processes Return delivery type LR is also there but it doesnt come in our picture

G2 is not used for giving credit memo to order type RE

In VOV8 if you go the controls of RE order type, the billing type for the same mentined will be RE only for both order related and delivery related

RE order type is invoiced with RE billing type and the process is order related billing because the item category REN which comes in RE sales order is order related billing

G2 is for issuing credit memo for normal sales

Returns is a different process altogether in SAP

Regards

Raja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Both G2 and RE billing type are used for Credit note, however the Billing Type RE is used for giving Credit to the customer incase of Sales Return. And so RE billing type is maintained as Delivery related Billing Type for the return order RE (you may check in VOV8). Whereas the G2 is used for other credit where delivery is not involved and so this is Order Related Billing Type and so assigned with Order Type CR.

Regards

AA