cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production planning run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a continous supply of raw material with predifine schedules like 1000Lt at 7AM,1200Lt at 8AM etc. till 7.00PM. When i run the PPDS heuristics how the system accounts these expected planned receipts.Shall we have to created any STR or Schedule agreement...System has to consider these receipts and then only it has to generate further supplies if these are not sufficient...

Regards

Hemanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

let's us not go into personal things.i dont want to extend this dicussion. I am closing the thread.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my business, Raw materials are supplied continously on hourly basis. I have the schedule that tomorrow i will get 1000kg at 7.00AM,1200kg at 8.00AM...till 7.00PM.

Now i have stock also for the raw material say 5000kg. Now raw material is used in Finished product. I have a requirement to produce finished quantity of 20000kg which consume the raw material say 20000kg. Now i have to prepare a production planning schedule for tomorrow utilising the stock quantity first and based on the expected quantity schedules.

I am running SAP_MRP_001 Heuristics. Heuristics creates procurement proposal for the 15000kg as stock is not there for this quantity.I dont want the system to create Purchase requisitions.It should check the expected supplies and create planned orders for production planning.

Now my question is how should i capture the expected supplply hourly schedule in APO and whether this Heuristics check these quantity schedules?

Hope you understand the requirement. In Food industry it is common that we get raw materials continuously and will be used immediately in the production.

Please let me know if you require more information.

Regards

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hemanth,

OK, SAP_MRP_001 is one of the standard 'MRP' type heuristics. I will assume that you know that this heuristic will perform MRP Demand-type planning.

For this heuristic to function, I will further assume that you know you need to have demand elements in place (dependent demand, Independent requirements, sales orders, etc etc).

When this heuristic runs, it will perform a net requirements calculation. This means it will look at all existing supply elements (stock, planned/production orders, purchase reqs/purchase ords,etc), and at all existing demand elements, and will determine in a time-phased fashion each place where demand is not met with supply. It will then look at the ordering policy of the material, and create procurement proposals.

So, to your issues:

Now i have to prepare a production planning schedule for tomorrow utilising the stock quantity first and based on the expected quantity schedules.

This is standard MRP planning. SAP_MRP_001 will do this, provided you have sufficient demand in place

I dont want the system to create Purchase requisitions.It should check the expected supplies and create planned orders for production planning.

The procurement proposal type will depend on the settings in the product master. Generally, if the material is 'externally procured', you will get a purchase requisition. If it is internally procured, you will get a planned order. Also, SAP_MRP_001 standard functionality is to check existing supplies during its calculations.

Now my question is how should i capture the expected supplply hourly schedule in APO and whether this Heuristics check these quantity schedules?

The exact timing of the procurement proposals will depend on when you actually have a shortage. This in turn is dependent on the timing of your demand elements. You can set the SIZE of the procurment proposal by setting the Lot Size procedure in the Product Master. In your case, I believe a time-based policy would be in order, such as 'by period', period = hour; number of periods = 1.

In your post you didn't mention:

Fin goods, Assembly, Raw materials

MTO or MTS

Process or Discrete

Demand or consumption planning.

Capacity Issues.

How to execute the plan

I am going to stick my neck out and make the assumption that you do not have a lot of experience in the area of PP/DS, or planning in general. If you are asking these questions because you are trying to learn about planning, fine. This is what these forums are for. On the other hand, if you are in a position where your job requires you to create these planning scenarios for your client, or for your business, then I strongly advise you to go to your supervisor and ask for help. SAP offers many fine schools to learn about these issues, and there are many consulting companies that will guide a company through the implementation of PP/DS planning.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hemanth,

Where do I start? You have given us precious little information for anyone to come up with an answer. I guess the first two questions are:

1. What is the purpose of the additional receipts? E.g. what business condition is there that would make you want to create more receipts and bring more material into your company?

2. Which heuristic did you run, of the 60+ standard heuristics that are available?

Regards,

DB49