Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Material into 2 packing Items

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai ALL,

Here this thread is related to Packing in delivery. I searched for previous threads, but those sol's doesnt meet my requirement.

My Query is:

We have an order for 100 EA.

Where as, at the time of delivery client, packing this Material 90 EA in BOxes, 10 EA in BIN.

How to achieve this?

I am aware of Single item packing & which is working fine for me, without issues.

Experts, any inputs plz,

many thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Working FIne in Delivery.

But this both line items flowing into billing, which is not correct.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, in this case while doing packing of the material put 90 EA in box as handling unit in packing tab and 10 in BIN

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hAI, Nice 2 see ur reply,

how many items shows in delivery & billing,

where as my req- it should be one item in billing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create two packing materials (Box and Bin), and assign the same to one Material Group Packing material. Now when you are creating delivery, in packing you should be able to see both the packing materials available for this finished product. Now pack the quantity according to the requirement.

In VOV7 for Item category type DLN Uncheck the field Relevant for Billing, you can see only one line item in Billing, that is of the finished product.

Regards

Vamsi Javaji.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why DLN item category - ??

for Returnable Packing materials item category will be TAL, rather than DLN.

So I maintained "Blank" in VOV7- TAL " Billing relevance" -

Still TAL items flowing to Billing .

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To Pack one FG item, into 2 packing items.

we need to assign material group for packing materials into same packing material type in COnfig.

then maintain the same Packing material type in 2 Packing items Master data- Mat type:LEIH-sales general data tab.

While Transaction:

Select FG line item in VL01n. click on "Pack"-

Packing screen will appear with 2 sections, in that lower section of the screen shows FG line item. upper section of the screen shows "Pack items"

enter the parial qtty- (max allowed material) for FG line item & click on "per part qtty" , then select "YES"

allowed packing materials will display , out of that choose the relevant packing material.

partial qtty will be packed into the packing item.

then "partial qtty" qtty will get updated with the remainig qtty (eg: total qtty-100, partial qtty entered: 60, after packiing into first pack item, then partial qtty field will get updated with qtty:40)

now again choose FG line item & click on "per partial qtty" , choose YES,

select the relevant 2nd pack item in which you want to pack this FG.

then you will observe on screen , that one FG will packed into 2 Pack items.