cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating the Project by copying the Standard project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

If Iu2019m creating the Project by copying the Standard project I am not getting the u201CCheck Required Fieldsu201D screen. So with out replacing the change key as per my Project definition project has been created. But if I take the reference of the existing project Iu2019m getting this u201CCheck Required Fieldsu201D Screen. But I want to copy from u201CStandard Projectu201D

Friends please help to overcome from this problem. What settings I need to check please explain step by step.

Thanks in advance,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure in which txn you are not gettting required filed option for the std. project.

I suggest you use Cj20n > Left side click on create button> copy project-->new window will open here you can create project with rer. to std. / operative project and you would be able to choose the object you want to copy.

If i have not answered your Q than please elobrate your question.

Regards

NItin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is possible only when the field statuses for template WBS and Operative WBS are different.

Best practice is to not use field statuses (all fields as input) for template WBS.

Suggest you have a look at these settings.

Regards,

Pradyumna

PS : I have given a high level approach... I can explain if you like.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you checked if this is a custom screen??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiu2026

u201CCheck Required Fieldsu201Du2026u2026(This error will normally get when u have not Entered all required

Informationu2026, check all tabs to make sure you have filled in all required fieldsu2026u2026 Then restart the action.)

Cj20nu2026u2026Projectu2026newu2026..copyprojectu2026find New proj defnu2026u2026Descriptionu2026.Startu2026Finish dateu2026.Project profileu2026u2026.In templateu2026..give your standard Proj defnu2026..Enter

Plz correct me if im wrong

Regards

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you copy project from standard project, instead of hitting enter. Press middle button or F8, this will take you to WBS element overview screen. Hope this is what you are looking for.

Regards