cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find the document uplaoded for HR object link through DMS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is regarding HR object link (Object link PLOGI,screen 500) through DMS .

I have attached a document for a personnel number in CV01N transcation tab HR Object by specifying plan version : blank, Object type 'Person', Object ID -selected the personeel number.

I wanted to view or display this document from HR transactions,Please let me know from whic transaction and menu path I can view the uploaded document.

Regards,

khaderhussain.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not feasible to attach documents for object type 'person' and object id : employee number through standard HR object link in DMS. Archive link can ge the best practise to do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Khadir,

Maintaining HR documents through DMS is not a standard practise.. You can refer to various threads regarding this by searching in forum ...

Archivelink is the preferred solution for maintaining HR Documents in SAP becasue it has the fucntionality to call Documents based on Infotypes . This function is not possible in DMS.

Regards

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Khadir,

you can check service for object(attachment) in TR. code for Personnel Number.

Aby,

well said about, Archivelink is the preferred solution for maintaining HR Documents.

As Archive Link solution given so many times by many experts.

but, what about

1.TREX Search for HR documents.

2.What abt Authorisation control

3.do you think end user can upload documents easily by selecting object/doc.types in OAAD(ie.OAOH)

4.can you maintain folder structure through Archive Link?

can anybody clarify these queries as it is mandetory in most of business processes? if not what is the alternative solution.

thx. in advance..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aby,

Not displaying through Service for Objects also in PA20.Attachment list option is greyed. So i think the document i have attached for the employee is not reflecting .Is there any other option or menu path of a HR transaction from where I can display the document uploaded (through CV01N)?

Regards,

khaderhussain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sam

Many of us are facing the same concerns reg Archivelink. It has various fucntionalities and I am also trying to understand the same.

https://service.sap.com/archivelink provides lot more details..

Thanks

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

ArchiveLink documents are viewed by selecting the "Display Facsimile" and "Display Specific Facsimile" options.

Display specific facsimile displays documents specific to the infotype you are viewing.