Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical State "backup" after recover with initialization

zhihongbu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I'm trying to perform a homogenous system copy of ECC5,Maxdb 7.6.05 on Suselinux 10, 64bit.

During the installation of DI, I was informed by sapinst to use DBMCLI to start the db restore. I've used db_activate RECOVER MEDIUM DATA successfully restored the DB to current place, but I failed to bring the database online with below message.

2009-01-17 02:34:12 889 ERR 20013 Admin Admin command cannot enter critical state 'Backup'

2009-01-17 02:34:12 889 ERR 6 KernelCo + Restart, Error code 6561 "dbm_command_not_possible"

Would you be so kind to advise what's the next action that I should try? Bring it offline and then online again?

Many thanks.

Rgds, Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strange error.

Does this happen immediately after the recover is finished and you issued a "db_online"?

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

zhihongbu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello this issue has been resolved after we make sure no additional redo logs need to be applied.

recover_ignore will release from the backup state.

andreas_zigann
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

but I have got this problem now. We switched SAN Disks from one Server to another, now we are not able to backup our system because of the error message "Could not enter critical state 'Backup'."

I suppose to have a task working or a zombi process holding a lock, but I found none.

If we find no solution I will to solve it by a restart of the database.

Regards

Andreas