cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to uninstall SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried installing Solman 7.0 on the same host as PI 7.1 using multiple oracle homes. But now both installations have got screwed up and I would like to uninstall both before I start a fresh inst.

The status of each is as under:

PI 7.1: Was fully installed alongwith post-inst and in proper working condition until solman inst began. Now I cannot find any processes in the SAP console process list.

SolMan 7.0: Gets stuck on the "Create database" step due to an environment variable error.

In the Add/Remove programs, I am only able to see "SAP Application Server for System SOL". When I go to uninstall it, it says Please use the service Product > Additional software life-cycle tasks > Uninstall on the installation master DVD but I cannot find any such option on the DVD!

Note:

1. I cannot format and reinstall OS/DB since I only have remote desktop access to the server

2. I am using Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise x64

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the installation guide - the last chapter has an "uninstallation" (basically start sapinst and execute "uninstall instance").

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, gotcha..it is mentioned as "Deleting" an SAP system...

I have successfully uninstalled the system...and installed it newly too..

Thanks Markus and Majamil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

SolMan 7.0: Gets stuck on the "Create database" step due to an environment variable error.

If you understand that this installation stuck due to environmental Variable then Why you don't set that variable.

and

If you want to uninstall the system without format then you should have SAP IM cd and follow the sequence.

SAP ERP 6.0 Support Release 3
                -->  Software Life-Cycle Options
                       -->  Uninstall
                             --> Uninstall - System / Standalone Engine / Optional Standalone Unit

regards,

majamil

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

Where did you get that information from? If that was a common error it would be documented in the installation note..

Markus