Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass consolidation of Roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen many posts on copying, uploading and combining roles. However, I am looking for a slightly different solution. I believe it is probably impossible to accomplish in an automatic manner (via SECATT).

I have individual reporting and inquiry roles by location/module (278). I would like to combine the roles into one role with the transactions and would prefer to maintain the Authorization Data under the Authorizations tab. I intend to consolidate the Auth. Objects during generation.

Here are the issues I am experiencing:

1) In the menu tab, using "From other role", I would have to select each role then each transaction code. eCatt does not deal with spatial selection very well. This is not a good solution for the number of roles I have to add.

2) By uploading roles, I am in the same position as 1.

Why am I looking for an SAP provided solution? My business analysts and I would feel more comfortable with the changes to their roles. They are worried about operator error and I am, too.

At this point, I believe my only solution is to download (via SECATT) all 278 roles, combine the transactions (probably a lot of overlap in the transactions) then upload into one role. Then I would have to re-enter all the authorization data by hand.

If anyone has a better idea, I would love to hear it. Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Shanell

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another option once you reach this point, is to start over and make proper use of SU24 to supply the authorization data (also for someone else who down the line might find themselves in the same position as you now).

This sounds like a good opportunity to do it, if you are willing to put in the bit of effort now.

That would be my "preferred choice of weapon" to fix it once only.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

We use SU24 fully. To clarify my post, there are certain fields that are not filled in even from SU24 when creating roles and those are the fields I would like to retain from the old roles. For example: su24 lists t-code ABCD as having S_TABU_DIS with Activity = 03 but Authorization group = ____. I would enter the appropriate auth group directly in the role. The customer entry is what I would like to retain.

Regards,

Shanell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried using the import from file option rather than using copy from role menu?

The following SAP note will help you with the file format that is required: [389675|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=389675]

0 Kudos

Yes, I have looked at that option (Import From File) and it would work. However, I would have to select each transaction in each role since there isn't a "Select all" icon. I estimate a few thousand key strokes to complete the task.

Regards,

Shanell

0 Kudos

>However, I would have to select each transaction in each role since there isn't a "Select all" icon. I estimate a few thousand key strokes to complete the task.

I dont get it, here we have to created .txt file based on the list of transactions downloaded from the system. The format for the file has been explained very well in the SAP note 389675 which I sent you.

Yes, it would depend a lot on your skills in excel to correct the format of your file as per your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this ...

Step 1: Execute SE16N for table AGR_TOCDES and find out all the t-codes in your 258 roles

Step 2: Import from the file ....the format would be

something like this -

FORMAT 1.1A

NODE 000020000100001TRANSACTION PFCG

NODE 000030000100001TRANSACTION SU01

NODE 000040000100001TRANSACTION SUIM

NODE 000050000100001TRANSACTION ST01

NODE 000060000100001TRANSACTION SU10

NODE 000070000100001TRANSACTION SUGR

If you need t-code PFCG, SU01 etc to be added. Just notice that the format is kind of hard coded.