cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP View Condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create POC for one of the project I am working on. I am a BW developer so I don't have access to all SAP DB tools. I was wondering if it is possible to define a query expression in the view you built on the table. Table have two seperate columns: CPUDT and CPUTM. I need to concat them and make single column in the view. I know you can do it in regular Oracle database but I am not sure if you can do that through SAP DB tool. Can you please help me?

Thanks,

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Used FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No replies?! So I am assuming it's not doable? This is one of the basic things that one can do in RDBMS. Does SAP have limitation when it comes to customizing stuffs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might get more help, if you chose a more appropriate forum, or if you explained a bit more, in Oracle terms, what you are trying to do.

I, for example, don't even know what POC is. And not sure if I really want to know ...

regards

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I, for example, don't even know what POC is. And not sure if I really want to know ...

I think he means "Proof of concept".

I would also suggest to ask that question in the BI forum.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did I not choose appropriate forum? I thought my question was related to database. Here is a SQL for the view that I would like to build on Oracle table that we have for SAP R/3 system.

CREATE VIEW My_Test_View AS

SELECT Column_1 || || Column_2

FROM My_Table

My question was you can easily define where clause in the View but what about string concat functions. Can you do that in SAP Oracle?

Thanks,

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

maybe I am understanding a little bit better now.

So you have got an Oracle view, and you want to create it in SAP dictionary as well, let's say by transaction SE80.

Correct?

Sorry, I don't know the answer; it might be a question for ABAP Dictionary forum, I suppose.

Anyone else with a better idea here?

And by the way, it should be:

CREATE VIEW My_Test_View AS

SELECT Column_1 || Column_2 AS My_Column

FROM My_Table

regards