cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII 12.0 - JCOProxy?Mode=Reset for MII Servers with Multiple Nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

We run MII 12.0 on AIX servers that have multiple server nodes. We must first sign into the server before we run the jcoproxy/cache reset. When you sign in, you go to the active node (could be node 0 or node 1 or node 2). When we run the JCOProxy reset, for example from node 1, is the cache reset on each and every node? From several experiences we have had, it seems like maybe it does not reset each node...not sure. So, if the cache is not being reset on each node, then how do we get signed into a particular server/server node so we can reset JCOProxy on each node of the server? or is there a better way to reset all the server nodes instead of having to sign into each one?

Thanks

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it safe to assume this is only impacting you on a multi-instanced DEV server environment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

No, this is in reference to the production environment. We have numerous situations where we get RFC errors in the production environment that requires refresh/reset of JCOProxy cache:

1. When we make changes to a ECC function module that is being called by MII, new parameters, etc - requires refresh

2. After mass ECC transports into production environment, we sometimes get RFC errors that requires refresh, so refreshing has become part of our process after mass transports

3. Occasionally we get RFC errors in production that requires a refresh and we have no idea what caused it

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

We have a Linux environment and we run multiple JVMs. I am not sure if this is analogous to your landscape but since you haven't mentioned the 12.0 build you are on I think [this|; might be of some help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently at: Version 12.0.4 Build(120)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

Can you further explain the type of errors you are getting in your third scenario that you have described? The first two scenarios are what this mode was intended for, as the JCO repository for xMII must be cleared when changes are made in the ECC system. But I am unclear on what kind of errors would be cleared up when using this mode, if no ECC changes were being made..

-Michael Solwecki

SAP MII

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

Please also log a support ticket for this issue (you can also reference this thread) so that it can be addressed by development in a future service release.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amigo Jeremy,

If I remember right, MII 12.0.4 have a problems with syncronize of the Nodes. This is fixed

with 12.0.5/12.0.6.

Saludos

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael, they were similar to the following:RFC Execution Error: Problem retrieving JCO.Function object: System received an expired SSO Ticket...This was in our PreProd environment and don't think we have had to refresh cache for this type or similar error in the production environment since we went to 12.0 and AIX (was on 11.5, Windows). On this situation in PreProd (have multiple servers and multiple nodes on each server), a coworker refreshed the cache on each server and we were still getting the error, so I went in refreshed the cache and this fixed the problem. I made the assumption that I refreshed the cache on the opposite node that my coworker had done.

I think it comes back to the initial questions:

When we run the JCOProxy reset, for example from node 1, is the cache reset on each and every node? From several experiences we have had, it seems like maybe it does not reset each node...not sure. So, if the cache is not being reset on each node, then how do we get signed into a particular server/server node so we can reset JCOProxy on each node of the server?

Also, sounds like maybe a synchronization problem was fixed in 12.0.5 and/or 12.0.6?

Thanks

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There were synchronization things fixed with clustered environments in the SP03-06, but I don't think anything related to this particular URL for resetting the proxy cache.

I pinged DEV and they actually mentioned that you should log a ticket (they can't confirm and fix the bug without one).

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

is this bug also in 12.0.6?

Cheers

Pedro

Edited by: Jeremy Good on Jan 23, 2009 7:32 AM

As far as I can tell from conversations with DEV, yes it is a bug.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy, I will put a ticket in.

Thanks and thanks to all!