cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spec Limits on Histograms

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. How do we get user defined spec limits and spec limit titles (i.e. limit names) onto a histogram? Example: we have a histogram displaying daily data for a year, we want to display the mean spec line plus up to 3 user defined spec lines (e.g. 2008 target spec line, etc.). Ideally we want the limit name (u201C2008 Targetu201D) and the value displayed on the chart or legend.

2. How do you get the user defined spec limits available on the histogram chart type to be displayed on the legend?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Corey,

One way to accomplish your goal is to create a Custom iChart. You can map the data just as you would a normal display template. Data Series 1 (Pen1) could be the data for your bars. Pen 2 through 4 could be your spec lines (i.e. "2008 goal line"). You would set the Data Series (Pen) type as bar for the first pen and line type for the others.

As for displaying values either in the chart, you can enable "Display Quick Info Text" ("Show Mousetracking" in 11.5). To display values in the legend, you can enable "Show Actual Point Values" (Show Scooter). MII Help has more information on these parameters. You will need to play with them and your data set.

Regards,

Kevin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Corey, the Histogram chart supports both user-supplied Spec Limits (upper/lower) and a user-supplied "Target Value". Or at least it did in version 11.5. All you need to do is provide the values in the display template, and ensure that the appropriate "ShowXXX" checkboxes are checked to cause the lines to display.

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

I tried this, the lines do show in the chart, but there is no corresponding entry in the Legend. I would turn on MouseTracking or maybe build my own html Legend.

Long time, no see! Hope you are well

- Diana

Edited by: Diana Hoppe on Jan 29, 2009 3:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana, I agree because it does not show up in the legend.

Thanks for checking this to ensure it is the case.

Doing fine Diana. Keeping busy raising the baby. 8 months old now!

Hopefully all is well with you as well.

Corey

Edited by: Corey Jackson on Feb 2, 2009 3:25 PM

Edited by: Corey Jackson on Feb 2, 2009 3:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Corey,

Eight months old already! And, as a parent, I know what you mean by keeping busy!

Diana