cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem calling a .Net Web Service in ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just started to play with the ABAP service consumer proxy. I am using it to call a web service in a .Net server on my company's intranet. I am facing the problem with the authentication. When testing in the SOAPUI tool I need to enter the username, password, and the domain. I could also enter the domain like

domain\\username

. It worked fine either way in SOAPUI. When I tried to call the service through an ABAP consumer proxy in an ABAP program it did prompt me for username and password but not the domain. I entered

domain\\username

and password but got the 401 unauthorized error. The .Net server and the SAP server running the ABAP proxy and program are all on the same domain.

I have searched in SDN and google without much luck. Can anyone please provide some idea on how this can be resolved or where I can find more information? Thanks.

Regards,

Jiannan

Edited by: Jiannan Che on Jan 19, 2009 1:59 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for the link. I checked but did not find helpful info there.

I have managed to make it work yesterday. Two issues were identified.

1. The namespace in the WSDL file imported into ESR as an external definition. I need to create the same namespace in ESR before importing the WSDL and then import the WSDL into that namespace.

2. The authentication method. The authentication method in the IIS configuration of the .NET web service has to be set to Basic Authentication. Then I set logical port of the consumer proxy in the OSAMANAGER to use Basic Authentication also. So far only the Basic Authentication works in my test scenario.

I am closing this question.

Regards,

Jiannan