cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding XI/PI and Idoc processing.

RemiB1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm learning XI/PI and I have a question regarding Idoc processing in PI.

We need to configure communication between our BW system and our PI system using Idocs.

The Idocs are sent from BW to our PI systems and are then sent back to the BW system, there are no third system involved. The idocs are only between PI and BW.

Our BW system is already connected with many other R3 systems by using WE20 / WE21 and RFC's and everything works perfectly.

While I configure this communication between BW and PI it seems that PI is passing the Idoc to the Idoc adapter, converts it to xml and tries to find a receiver for the particular Idoc. I see the error "NO_RECEIVER_CASE_ASYNC" in SXMB_MONI.

Is this a normal behaviour in PI ? Why is PI thinking that the Idoc needs to be sent to another system when it is infact for itself ??

Thanks and regards

Remi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

XI/PI is a middle ware where the integration server is built on ABAP Stack ,so there is no need of defining adapters for idoc ,but still you need to define what should be done once the idoc receives in the PI.

You need to define the connection to your BW(if i am not wrong) and define the process When an idoc to be routed to BW ,and which idoc to be processed.

Let us know if you are not clear

HTH

Rajesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

RemiB1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know what PI/XI's function is ... what I did not know is that It could not process Idocs between itself and another SAP system without creating all the related interface objects in the ESR / ID.

Now I do realize that any Idoc being sent to PI seems to go through the Idoc adapter / Integration Engine since PI really acts a middleware. And so it needs the required interface objects.

Thank you !

Rémi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for error "NO_RECEIVER_CASE_ASYNC" in SXMB_MONI.

This problem may occur due to one of following reasons, so check

1 service is active in message? transaction SICF and activate service sap/xi/engine (right click, activate)

2 Is the port 8001 defined in the services on the smicm under services?

3 Check the roles assign PIDIRUSER

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/56/361041ebf0f06fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

role: SAP_XI_ID_SERV_USER attached to it

Also Check Whether PIDIRUSER has following role

SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATOR

SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER

SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER_MAIN

Regards

Abhishek

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XI/PI is bessically middleware for two or more systems.

For XI/PI scenario, when we are sending one Message to PI, there is no IDoc Basic type and message type creation on PI System. We can not store IDoc data there, we are using XI/PI for mapping the data to some other interface (Receiver side).

But in your scenario, there is no receiver interface, no receiver communication channel and no receiver determination. It will give an error because scenario is incomplete. We have sender side, but receiver side is not there.

XI/PI does not have database of Idoc and its messages, it is a middleware for sending data from one system to another.

Sandeep

RemiB1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answer !

Do you know of any document / url which gives more information about this ? (the fact that PI does not store Idoc informatin within its database)

Thanks !!

Edited by: Rémi Beaulieu on Jan 16, 2009 5:23 PM

Edited by: Rémi Beaulieu on Jan 16, 2009 5:26 PM