cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload SQL table data to a table in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could anybody let me know the ways to upload SQL table data to a table in SAP .

Using XI -> probably having SOAP on sender end and RFC call on the receiving end (i.e. SAP).

Is there a way to achieve this any better?

Please reply ASAP.

Rgds,

Zabeen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create a JDBC-XI- Proxy scenario to insert data from the SQL database to the SAP tables,

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

Could you please elaborate on this pls.

Rgds,

zabeen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You have to create an interface using Sender JDBC adapter and on the SAP side, you have to create a ABAP proxy , which will be having an ABAP code to insert data to the tables directly or may be throught RFC, FM.

For Sender JDBC scenario :

/people/yining.mao/blog/2006/09/13/tips-and-tutorial-for-sender-jdbc-adapter

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/content.htm

For server ABAP proxy :

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/04/03/abap-server-proxies

Let us know if you know more detailed information.

Thanks,

Pooja Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pooja,

I have a query on the same Subject which we exchanged the thoughts on this.

If I do use a BAPI / RFC on the tatget side , I mean to upload the data on the sap, this takes record by record and upload .If yes, how to reprocess the erorr records? or can we use IDOC instead?? here the data to be uploaded some SQL fields to SAP .

the module used is SAP HR. If II can go by this , please explain like how to arrive at the right Idoc.

can this be done through only ABAP coding. Like arriving the data on to some CSV file and then doing a BDC??

Thanks.

Rgds,

Sofia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go for JDBC-XI-Proxy scenario for your this scenario..............in your ABAP proxy code, you can process your records in a loop and in that loop, you can call your HR module FM...........so in this way, you will have more control over the processing of records and you can do error-logging of the error records and notify the SQL server team to rectify those records for uploading in SAP.........

if you will go for JDBC-XI-RFC, then you will have no control over this error record handling directly....

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Thx for the updates. I have two queries.

1. Can we achieve this happen through BDC(session / call transaction ) .As this interface will fire once in 2 days and has atmost 5000 records. If the answer is yes, could you please tell me the tcode how to go about for this .this is a HR proj and the Infotypes that gets updated are;

IT0001

IT0002

IT0006

IT0008

IT0009

IT0041

IT0105

IT0021

IT0185

2. IF I go with JDBC->XI->ABAP Proxy , could you please elaborate on exactly where I need to code please.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Rgds,

Sofia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Can we achieve this happen through BDC(session / call transaction ) - No

2. IF I go with JDBC->XI->ABAP Proxy , could you please elaborate on exactly where I need to code please. - In ABAP proxy, you will have to ask your ABAP guy to code and in that code, the RFC needs to be called.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Thx for the update.

The business is ready to provide the data in CSV file, then it is possible to upload that to SAP right ??

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Rgds,

Sofia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sofia,

Code should be written in R/3 System

Thanks

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you can get the data in CSV format, then i think you can also get the data in excel-sheet format.......so if you get your data in excel-sheet format, you can directly use BDC to upload the data in r/3 without using XI............But still if you want to use XI, then you can do file content conversion for your CSV file to XML format, then map it to Proxy strucutere and do a File-XI-Proxy scenario.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta