Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance view event for validation when changing data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a maintenance view on a table that should validate some fields during user input.

I am using event 05 'Creating a new entry' to validate fields when user creates new entry in the table. That works fine.

I would like to have the same validations happening when the user changes fields of records already existing in the database. I tried to use event 01 'Before saving the data in the database' but the problem with this is that user can change many fields of many records before clicking 'Save'. I would like to have the error raised for incorrect entry already after the change.

So far I could not find an event to do this but only by changing the code itself. The problem with that is whenever the code is regenerated the custom part is lost.

Is there an event I can use that would help me achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

did u try events 07 - 08.

check these events .

see this sap help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/91/ca9f0ea9d111d1a5690000e82deaaa/frameset.htm

кu03B1ятu03B9к

0 Kudos

Hi Kartik,

I tried those events 07 and 08 as well, they are not triggered when I change a field and hit enter. I`m not sure what they are used for...

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try event 21 ?

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I tried event 21, I`m playing around with that since that`s the only one triggered when I press Enter.

The problem with this is that

- the check runs when you press enter, so you can still change many fields of many records (one step maintenance) before the validation runs

- you can`t raise an error message, because only the key fields will be input ready, the non-key fields will be readonly

The way I currently handle is I undo the changes in 21 (get previous field values from TOTAL) and raise an information message i/o an error informing user to check the entry.

What I`m looking for is an event that will raise a message and set focus on the incorrect field (if there`s one such).

0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

Are you able to find the solution for your problem of raising error message in event 01 , as i am also facing the same .

Thanks & Regards,

Deepti

0 Kudos

Hi Deepti,

For me event 01 is too late for validations. If user manipulates several records, I don`t want to wait until he/she saves the changes, see my concerns in the trail.

Regards,

Krisz