Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to Windows Network Share

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to backup a Oracle Database to a Windows Server via Network-Share. I set

backup_root_dir =
servername\share. The sidadm and sapservicesid have full access to the share.

If I start the backup I get a error message:

BR0282E Directory '\\servername\share' not found
BR0182E Checking parameter/option 'backup_root_dir' failed

This is my config

backup_dev_type = disk
backup_root_dir = \\servername\share
stage_root_dir = \\servername\share
archive_copy_dir = \\servername\share
archive_stage_dir = \\servername\share

What is wrong?

Is it possible to with Brtools to backup to an Windows-UNC-Path? Has anyone a solution?

Best regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved. BR Tools has a bug... it's SAP.

G:\folder1\ is shared as
server\folder1. If I set the parameters in initSID.sap (backup_root_dir, ...) to
server\folder1 I get an error. If I create a subfolder on folder1 and set all parameters to
server\folder1\subfolder" then BRTools is working. It's not possible backup to root of a share. Only backups to subfolders are possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd like to know how you solved it. The error in the br tools. New version? Or something additional? Were you able to use that backup_dev_type 'pipe' then? Or did you leave it at 'disk'?

Regards,

Thomas

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I'd like to know how you solved it.

Read the post

He created a subdirectory in the shared folder

\\server\folder\subfolder

and used that to backup.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did not read it to the end. Now I did. But for me this subfolder thing is already realized. See below. So I am more interested in the question of br tools version. I had the idea that the error disappears with a newer version of br tools. And next I am interested in is the item with backup_dev_type 'pipe'.

I have to admit that my error is different from the one in this thread. But it is related to the topic. I do also backup into a share. But I do get errors after some time of the type:

BR0278E Command output of 'E:\usr\sap\MFE\DVEBMGS00\exe\mkszip -c F:\ORACLE\MFE\SAPDATA6\BTABD_16\BTABD.DATA16 >
flsback\backup\SAPT1_MFE\onl_full\bebjoinc\BTABD.DATA16.Z':

mkszip: output file "[standard output]": The specified network name is no longer available.

Any ideas?

Or shall I open a new thread for this?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try using backup_dev_type = pipe

That might help

Read,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0d/d3093f4a0c11d182b80000e829fbfe/content.htm

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pipe and Pipe_auto are not supported on Windows

BR0191E Value 'pipe' of parameter/option 'backup_dev_type/-d' not supported for 'Windows'