cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No page break between table header and first line of the table main area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I'm printing a form which contains a lot of tables. Sometimes while printing the table header line remains at the bootom of the page and the lines of internal table are printed on the next page (also with header because i have marked 'at page break' in the header). How is it possible not to break header line of 'Table'-node and the first line of internal table?

Regards, Nikolai.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ben H's solutions should work - I had a similar issue. Set the minimum height of the table to be more that the height of the table header. This will fire a new page if the first line of the detail section goes over to the next page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think protect endprotect will not work u need to set the main window for the maximum data.

Because it is dyanamic in nature it will oocupy that much data for which u have set the maximum size.

If the size is less the data will flow to the next page.

So set the size of the main window to maximum for the whole data u want on the first page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Specify the text between Protect - Endprotect.

Regards,

Joan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that this thread is old but I thought this might help someone out there. I had a similar problem and I managed to solve it by setting the minimum height to 2cm. This forces the whole table to start printing on the next page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem in my SmartForm--Ben H's solution of a minimum table height worked perfectly for me. I also had a text title above both the header and main lines, so I put everything under a folder and set the folder's minimum height to 2 cm. Thanks Ben!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing the problem. Guys any updates on this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to check both options(at start of table, at page break) in table header -> output options.

Thanks,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you double click your table you get the table structure. Now there is a button named 'Details'. If you click that you will be able to see the line types in your form. You can tick the check box 'no page break' for avoiding page breaks.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepthi.

0 Kudos

That's not the problem.

I want to avoid a page break not within the line of the table, but between two different lines - header line and first line of the main area.

Regards, Nikolai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first check how many line item one page is printing, then adjust the size of the main window in such a way that it can accomodate table header and data both (max),

now in main window create a folder and place all these things inside the folder and apply page protection , in this way there will be no break between header and line items.

regards,

prashanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use it is use /: protect

/: text

/: endprotect

use this for avoid page break

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to mark 'at page break' for all tables header data, not in main data. you need to pass the header for all tables and mark only 'at page break' not 'at start of table'....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try using Protect...Endprotect.

Anything printed in between these stmts will be displayed without page break.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Jayanthi.K

0 Kudos

Thanks,

but I'm using smartforms, not sapscript.

I guess it's impossible using PROTECT ENDPROTECT here

Regards, Nikolai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to use page protection......

create a folder and place the text that r to be displayed without break.........

and check the checkbox page protection.

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Niki,

try to use page protection......

create a folder and place the text that r to be displayed without break.........

and check the checkbox page protection.

I think you cannot put an entire table in a folder & turn "Page Protection" on simultaneously.

Any ideas?

BR,

Suhas