cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WAS 6.4 Installation - Error starting xserver

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to install SAP WAS .64 on my laptop which is running XP. It fails every time when installing the Max db with a error starting the xserver.

Anyone had this problem and resolved it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't find Uninstall manual for SAP WEB AS 6.4. Can anyone provide?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this:

it explains uninstalling MaxDB step by step!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

got the same problem and "solved" it throguh deinstalling using the "UNINSAP.EXE" tool.

But now I'm getting the error that the database isn't fully deinstalled and that there are still some registry entries existing...

any ideas, what to do now?

Message was edited by: Daniel Goeckel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

The unistall leaves certain files undeleted,You need manually delete the SAP regiisry entries and after that make sure to restart your PC.

Sai

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you provide the error message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the following error.

WARNING 2004-09-09 15:42:50

Error 1057 (The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified.

) in execution of a 'StartService' function, line (1310), with parameter (XServer).

ERROR 2004-09-09 15:42:50

MOS-01199 Could not start the 'XServer' service on host 'Local'.

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I ended up rebuilding my laptop from scratch to get SAP WAS 6.2 on. Not really what you wanted to hear I guess. I am still getting an error saying 'No active update servers exist for context:E:' as well. Not very successful so far!

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You get the error by doing what?

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You're mixing up something. If this is preview installation then you had a db installed before, that is a problem. First you deinstall the db and then install the product.

Regards,

Benny