cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF04 - error message types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Afternoon all,

hopefully i have posted this question in the right section..

i am trying to comply a list of all the error codes with in the VF04 Function, and was wondering if there is an easier way of getting this information, as currenly i am having to run the report, then go onto each order, to find the code, and the reason, and then log it down.

if there is away of finding this with in SAP, or does anyone here have a list they could show me.

your help will be greatfully recieved

regards

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me start with saying that this requirement is, well, stupid. Even if it was possible to find all possible error messages, 99% of the errors most likely would not even apply to your business.

Technically, if you've gotten to billing (VF04), there should be no errors at all at that point. I would rather concentrate on refining the process, configuration, etc. to prevent any error, than trying to figure out all "what ifs".

If you still would like to oursue this meaningless, in my opinion, task, you might want to look at the message class VF in SE91 transaction. Also, you can try searching for MESSAGE command in the main billing program and all sub-programs. Good luck with that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

i had a feeling this would be the answer, as i know there is a hell of a lot of them. our company is still new to SAP, so we are on occasion getting various different error message (pricing, blocks, missing data etc). and i have been given the delightful task of creating a list of these, and then establish the correct route of repair!.

i think i'm just gonna have to just keep a log of the errors i get, when i get them.

thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is very common to get quite a few different errors in the billing list after the go-live. Most of them, however, never return after the first couple of weeks.

The best approach is to emphasize the importance of running the reports before EOD (or before billing is run), such as Incompletion log, blocked documents, backorders, etc., to make sure all orders are complete and released for billing. This will eliminate the vast majority of errors.